• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Locking nuts replacement

Maximum

2 locking nuts on our Tetratec ex1200 have sheared. We have used cable ties, which work, but would prefer new lock nuts as it makes cleaning easier. Tetratec do not supply lock nuts as spare parts. Has anyone else had this problem and are Eheim lock nuts likely to be compatible provided we get the right diameter? The filter is 2 years old and we have had a replacement head under warranty already. The spares list is very limited compared to other makes (something we didn't consider when making the original purchase). Any help or suggestions welcome. Tank is 150L and filter does its job in spite of fragile parts.

If you manage to get suitable nuts from another source all well and good,but it's a bit annoying when a reputable manafactuer cannot be bothered to have small parts in their spare parts section.As far as your warranty is concerned strengthened Consumer Act says a product as to be fit for purpose .So it's reasonable to expect your nuts to last several years,not when you warranty or guarantee runs out,it would be worth writing to Tetratec or visiting the retailer to remind them of this.I once had a problem getting a product none of the recommended retailers would help so I emailed Ruwal in Italy to tell them of my dilemma ten out of ten for Ruwal they sent me the product free postagefree of charge from Italy.

Many thanks, I will try and get some alternatives and hope they fit or maybe try good old jubilee clips.
Did write to Tetra and even offered to pay for lock nuts but all we got in reply was a link to the available parts diagram!! Even if you buy hoses or spray bars there are no nuts and they are the parts that get moved and used. Both of ours sheared on the join, ie straight through on each side directly opposite.
Will try writing again and ask why they do not supply simple parts.

It might focus Tetra in your letter if you add your a member of UKAPS and you had to ask the forum about it as you have not had good customer service. Anyway sure one way or another you will get it sorted

Sorry to bump a 4 year old thread, but did anyone have any luck in sourcing a replacement plastic locking nut?

Back