• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Goldfish Heaven...

Wizard_g

Seedling
Got a new 55 gallon tank last month and started moving plants and fish from my 30 gallon last week...
So trying a different scape in hte 55 gallon.

Major challenge for me is the tank is going to the divider between the living and dining room and so i need to make sure i scape so that the tank is viewable from both the sides, and the tank inhabitants are 4 large goldfish.

i am not using co2 and use organic carbon liquid twice a week as an substitute for co2, and use ferts once a week after water change.

Here are the planst i use...

1) Rotala wallichii
2) Myriophyllum tuberculatum
3) Bacopa caroliniana
4) Nymphaea lotus
5) Anubias
6) Cryptocoryne wendtii brown
7) java moss
8) Staurogyne repens
9) Cryptocoryne beckettii 'Petchii'
10 Ludwigia repens 'Rubin'
11) Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow'
12) Cryptocoryne wendtii green
13) Cryptocoryne cosata

My old 30 gallon
IMG_5765.JPG

New 55 gallon

tank7.JPG

tank9.JPG

tank4.JPG
tank5.JPG
tank6.JPG
tank8.JPG

There is an outbreak of algae after the move, hopefully it settles down in weeks to come...

Magical! That's a bloody huge goldie too!

Are you not worried about the fish munching the plants though?

They have their daily serving of some veggies like spinach... So they do not eat the plants and they do uproot small plants, and once the plants get rooted, no issues..

crypts melted a bit after the move and most of the plants are doing ok. Moved some plants around.
.Still dealing with algae. Added white sand on top of the substrate and goldfishes are loving it...
t1_n.jpg
t6_n.jpg
t3_n.jpg
t5_n.jpg
t4_n.jpg
t7_n.jpg

Just a quick update,
changed my light unit 2 months back to Dennerle Trocal LED after my T8 unit failed . So far so good, not much of algae problem apart from slight BBA
and they are in control.

Here is a quick video of my tank... (sorry about the shaking and disturbances in the video)

Back