• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2kg CO2 Duration

forever

Just wanted to get an indication of how well I am displacing co2 a 2kg fire extinguisher will last approx 1.5 months in my 400l tanks, is this good bad or average? I an getting around a 1 pH drop each day..

It was 2KG for 3 months, 340 litres tank.
It should be 4.5 months now as I've reduced
the injection down one-third.

So seems I am in the right ball park, tbh other than my moss growing like crazy I do wonder if its worth the cost !!!

It's amazing how much variation there is in how long the cylinders last. I've been looking at 2kg for a 240L set up. No idea how long it'll last really, everyone seems to come up with such different answers. Too many variables to be sure I suppose.

I get a green/yellow drop checker on 15gr CO2 a day for 7 hours on a 180l tank. So that's 0.012gr per litre per hour. So 400litre @ 7 hour is 0.012 * 400 * 7 = 34gr per day. With 2Kg per FE that's 60 days, about 2 months.

So your 1 1/2 months is about OK. :D

On a 125 litre tank with 8 hours per day of CO2, I can't get decent results unless I use 25-30g of CO2 per day. That is with PAR of 30-40 and 'easy' plants such as Staurogyne repens and 'Monte Carlo'. I use an inline Up atomiser. I recently tried a Tropica in-tank diffuser but I got terrible results even with 40+g per day of CO2.

P

I must have magical cylinders. My 2kg one is bubbling at 1bps in my 25 liters tank for 1.5 years. The 8kg one is bubbling at 2 bps in my 60 liters tank for 1 year and I expect at least 1-2 years more... Actually I went to refill the small one 5 months ago, they weighted it and I was told at the gas shop that there was still gas in it

Jordi

PS. I use 2x24w T5H0 on my 60 and a knock-off AquaSky over the 25. 8-9 hours releasing gas

My 2Kg lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 months on my 400l and it's on for 8.5 hours a day with green to lime drop checker constant

Sent from my SM-G900F

2kg bottle on my ex 125l reef tank went in just under two months. 5kg does me for 6 months.

Back