• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Light Coverage

Jaap

Hello,

I am using a TMC Ultima 1500 ND over a 60cm x 40cm x 40cm tank. The light is currently suspended 45cm from the substrate and at 100% intensity but I think I need a bit more light in the corners of the tank. Taking into account that the beam angle is 120 degrees, if I lower the light fixture to 40cm will I still get the wanted spread?

Thanks

If you do this you will have more intensity but less coverage. If you need more coverage you should move it up. If I read it correctly it is only 5 cm above the tank's upper edge which is too close in my opinion.

The thing is that because the beam angle is 120 degrees, even by lowering the light closer to the tank might cover the 60cm x 40xm area. That was my question. Surely less coverage but maybe enough for my tank size?

It's a question I have been considering too with the same tile on a TMC Signature 60x45x45. I currently have it 30 cm above the water and on at 70%, but as I have seen in your other threads and comments, I to have had dormant plants, dead plants etc.

With my plexiglass cover also diffusing light I'm considering dropping mine to some extent, although will probably increase the intensity first and see how that goes. Coverage is important and dark corners are the main reason I put mine high for good spread. I guess it depends where your plants are. In my planned rescape I intend to have a bare sand foreground and the plants furthest forward will be Anubias and Crypts. I'm therefore thinking of moving my tile back, so rather than being over the centre of the tank it is about 2/3's of the way from front to back. This should focus the light on the plants that require more light and I don't mind about dark corners at the front. If you are trying to grow high light stems at the back and a carpet at the front that won't help though...

I think the corners of the tank are suffering due to light...I need more light and I think by lowering it I can increase intensity at the corners and still get a good spread. I think...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back