• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquaspot world?

Nick16

anyone have any dealings with these? good plants? healthy etc? i suppose its not as cheap now the dollar is a bit stronger!!

Think Ray has used them, and Clive. I'm tempted to give them a go too. Think they deal in Euros though.

Hey,

i have only this week done an order with them. they were pretty common species, though i ordered a fair few and it was cheaper than any other plant orders iv placed, even with shipping.

They do deal in dollars yes.

That said, i ordered on sunday morning, got the paypal email straight away, but havent yet rec'd an email from aquaspot confirming my order or anything similar.

Obviously havent rec'd the plants yet but as and when i do i will post back my findings

Howard

thanks, will wait eagerly, would you mind posting a photo of some/all the plants so we can visually see them. thanks in adv.

Yea no problems

i have ordered ech. tennelus, eleocharis parvulus, various vallisnerias, eleocharis sp. j, and a few others i cant think of right now. I will post pics when i get them, which may not be until next week..who knows?

Hi

i have just rec'd my order from this place. Dispatched monday from singapore and arrived this morning - iv only just got in to deal with it.

Well, I have mixed opinions about this.

The first thing i got out was vallisneria americana and i must say it was in a pretty terrible state, the bag had been folded during packing and as such most of the stems were snapped and have subsequently rotted, leaving the utility room with a foul smell. Some of the smaller stems survived as they wernt snapped but majority of it was a mess.
The portion of this i got was actually very good. I ordered 3 'sets' and i have about 20 odd 'bulbs' or 'sets of stems' whichever you prefer, which is good value i think..but not if it is a mess. I could possibly plant about 1/3 of what i have rec'd.

I also ordered 3 x ech. tennellus, 9 x eleocharis parvulus & 2 x eleocharis sp. japanese. These were all packed in little bags individually. The portions were generous, and they are currently doing a deal of 3 of the above for $5.50 which is excellent. They did only send 6 parvulus, though these seem in excellent condition as do the other 2 sp. and the portions are very generous. This is 100% plantable, and comparable to tropica quality, though i do have a feeling they are emmersed sp.

Overall, that lot cost me £55 including express shipping, but no photosanitary certificate which they offer. I would definitely order from them again, but nothing too delicate.

I will update in a few days to let you know how it develops. Sorry for now pictures at mo, i will take some on my phone and post them up another day when i have the time.

Hope that was useful.
Howard

thanks for the analysis, i plan to order:

bacopa australis
rotala rotundefolia green
althernanthera reineckii lilacina
java fern + JF narrow
E.tenellus
C.parva
Glosso
didiplis diandra
taiwan moss.

god knows how much of it will be damaged? express delivery? was that not the norm then?

this was the only site where i could find all these plants at a cheap rate.

Thats an interesting list of plants.

I would be happy ordering things like tennelus, ferns, mosses & glosso, but the more delicate things, especially didiplis and rotala i would look at ordering from tropica if you can because you can guarantee the quality rather than get let down.

Express delivery isnt standard, you have to pay extra otherwise it could take long than a week to get here.

Howard

well i might see what i can get from plants alive as they came quickly last time.

I placed two orders with them around a year ago and then a few months after. The second was for some hardware and it was fine. It arrived at my home in the US fairly promptly.

The first order was for lots of plants and I'll never order plants from them again. They were melted and the ones that weren't were broken and shredded with some stems not having any leaves at all. I salvaged maybe 10 plants from an almost $100 order (before shipping.)

I can't say if I was an exception or if that's their standard, but if you're closer to them it may work better. The plant order took almost a month to arrive which no doubt contributed to the sorry condition of the plants. I wonder how much US customs affected the outcome. Anyway, buyer beware.

Edit: I also did not use their arrive alive guarantee, as I did not know it was something you had to opt into. So it was almost a total waste for me

I've used their service before and I have mixed opinion about them as well.
Firstly they claimed to sell potted plants and I've even sent an email to them asking if the plants were actually grown in a pot on rockwool as the picture suggested and the seller said yes but when the plants arrives, they were nothing more than a few stems that was cut from an emersed mother plant and wrapped with rockwool. The roots that you get with the plants in their rockwool pot wouldn't be of those you get with aquadistri or tropica plants and the amount is variable as well. For example, a "pot" of their P. Helferi only has 3 stems in it, where as the same pot from tropica could easily have 10 stems in it. So far my good experience with them has only be limited to hardy plants such as ferns, bolbitis, moss. The loss packing foreground plants are relatively sturdy as well such as hairgrass, HC and utricularia.

this is the website where I've hosted some of the picture of the plants I bought. I hope you can see it.

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/s ... 8_7918748/

Buying potted plants that aren't grown in rock wool is a common issue with asian plants, I've used oriental nurseries and had the same issue, they don't care as long as they get your money, you can ask but you'll never get the truth. You're often paying more beliving you're getting better quality but in reality what you're getting is the same old rubbish packaged up different.

Back