• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who uses Seneye Reef?

Jaap

Hi,

can anyone post their experience with the Seneye Reef? Is it any good for a planted tank?

Thanks

Ok since no-one replied I went along and bought it :)

Its a nice little gadget and will help initially with the setup of a tank. First it measures the ammonia levels which is an excellent indication of when your tank is ready to have fish. Secondly, it measures the pH from 6.4 to 8.5 which means that for some people this is helpful to measure your CO2 injection. Last but most important its the PAS meter. I don't know how accurate this is because I don't have a real PAR meter but if used in relativity it is very helpful. I measured the PAR reading of 4 tanks including mine at the top and bottom of water column. I then used the readings of the successful tanks as guidelines for my tank and a friend's tank. This showed that he had less light and that I had good light in bottom center but little light in the right bottom corner.

So yes, if more people had this device since a real PAR meter is much more expensive, then more guidelines and thus more help would be available regarding lights out there.

Thanks

What were the readings out of interest?

We lack a lot of real life PAR data here. I may get a reader soon, but not sure what the number to aim for would be!

At the bottom of the tanks that were successful the reading was 55-65 PAR and at the top 190 to even 300.

A tank with very slow growth had a reading of around 40 PAR at the bottom of the tank.

Would love to have one but can't really justify it. Would love to see your readings and experience with it. I would have a hard time trusting the readings to be accurate unless I calibrated it with a known standard though.

It is surely just a LUX meter not a real PAR meter.

may not be as accurate as the most expensive ones but it is a great tool for comparing reading between a successful and a not so successful tank.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back