• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquamanta EFX External Filters

Choice between a filter made essentially for a chain store to market and sell (therefore probably needs to be cheap for them to buy) or one from the worlds most recognised and widely accepted top quality manufacturer. Its a no brainer :) Eheim all the way. First filter I had was a 2075 and it was whisper quiet. I even told my LFS I was going to bring it back because it was so quiet I didn't know if it was working properly, LOL.

ghostsword said:
The best filters I have found to be the jbl's.. :) not eheim.

I have had both and personal opinion is for Eheim. They seem more intuitive and I think the parts last longer. Having said that I do like JBL too. MY personal order of preference would be Eheim > Rena (XP range not the horrid Nexus) > JBL > TMC V2 range > then there are the also rans, with Fluval being bottom of the heap :shh: (With the exception of the G6, which seems increasingly to have its own problems according to reported issues on here and elsewhere, I have owned three fluvals. Not a single one of them was quiet. In fact the 205 I had, was so noisy, it got packaged up 3 days later and exchanged for an Eheim).

The thing with filters is that they really are individual. Everyone wants something slightly different from them. Whisper quiet operation is key to me as my tanks are in my bedroom.

Aquamanta and jbl look exactly the same, probably are.

I have an Aquamanta EFX 300. Been very pleased, silent, easy to use. I had an eheim professional with an integrated heater some years back, total crap. Replaced that with a Tetratec, which was also an excellent filter. When I got a new aquarium I got the Aquamanta and it just works.

Back