• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The journey - 7 Months in

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am starting to have all sorts of problems. My CO2 bubble rate is having problems causing variable CO2 which I have only noticed after after all the bonsai was floating on the top of the tank due to melting at the stem base. In addition my hygrophila pinnatifida is showing severe deficiencies of what seems potassium and despite me upping my ei dose of macros the problem continues and BBA has started to appear on the tips of the damaged leaves. To top it up my twinstar has stopped working which according to the green machine is due to incorrect cleaning so I need to purchase a new reactor they aren't in stock anywhere so not sure what to do. So in conclusion not the best of times for the hobby and really considering what to do next.

To compensate for my bad fortune at the moment here are some pictures of my dancing rainbows
R9MLXcW.jpg

JjnOwiV.jpg
goFiTg8.jpg
7JdttyM.jpg

XdIfDLS.jpg
qcotwpG.jpg
EnzWLLQ.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates but have been through a bit of a nightmare with this one which finally seems to be in shape. After the new year I experienced a lot of melt due to variable CO2 which turned out to be a blown diffuser which I only found out when it collapsed emptying half of the tank on the floor. Things do seem to be on the up now but I had to replace some plants. I am also starting taking the light down planning to move it to liquid carbon only as I am getting a bit tired of the water changes every week.

SI3PlxL.jpg

Got a tripod so got better pictures of the plants by using a longed shutter speed. That does mean blurry fish though :p. This is also probably the last photo before I start lowering light and moving it from CO2 to liquid carbon. Let's see how plants cope with the change but it has become too much of a chore.

QhWF6E_F888eIdu8hDejpEXOyBRPGF2PSAUykDdNUGGXN2bpHdpl4FrBS8ETMT57bJnw74zl6oylg_DFBm=w1495-h745-no.jpg

Back