• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's this?

Looks like a fungus or bacteria bloom.
Its normal in new set ups

It doesn't seem to be anchored anything just kinda floating? Should I pick the 3 bits out obviously?
I'm just getting ready to vac the sand and change some water anyway

Have you put in any plants recently that have been grown in that culture jelly stuff it just looks like the stuff to me I had it in my tank it takes a while to dissolve.

No the plants I got were in rock wool and been in for a few weeks now. I cleaned the tank yesterday and nothing else. The only thing I can think of is a shrimp shed but they all she's very recently? Plus it's usually in one big piece

If it's slimey it probably is just a clump of bacteria. I also had something like this suddenly hoovering over the substrate in my about 12 weeks old tank. Also saw some fish nibbling of it, but still sucked it out. Also found those slimey clumbs sometimes in my small terrace pond. :) Actualy never seen it develop, it's like it appears in a rather short time. In the pond i also have seen it disappear again as fast as it came.

Back