• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Known BBA solutions

Jaap

Anyone knows how to fight BBA? I spot dosed excel but BBa keeps growing elsewhere.

Thanks

There are somethings people do to stop it frome reapearing but whats there wont go away unless you get rid of it physically. You can up your co2 or lower the ammount of light. Also if you have a lot of waste in your tank you should reduce it.

I have had a few isolated, tiny tufts of BBA, probably because I've been experimenting to find the right level of CO₂ and light.

I have found that 3% hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) is fairly effective; turn the pumps off for a few minutes to reduce water movement, then use a syringe to very slowly dribble a few millilitres onto each tuft - you can safely go up to 1 ml per gallon of tank water in total. Bear in mind that the H₂O₂ is heavier than water and will sink, so dribble it just above the tuft of BBA. Then leave the pumps off for a further 10-15 minutes to avoid dispersing the H₂O₂ while it bubbles away. Sometimes a second treatment the next day is required. The BBA will change colour, going slightly reddish - then it'll disappear over the course of a few days.

I'm sure once I stop adjusting things the small BBA problem will go away, but in the meantime the H₂O₂ works as a spot treatment for the small tufts I get.

I recently fought BBA quite successfully by doing the following three
1. Increased flow
2. Increased Excel dosing. 15 ml daily for 5 days in a 50 litre tank
3. Bumped up CO2 bubbling rate by 25 per cent

Also, I reacted really early, which I think is also important. Touch wood, they are gone.

Complementing on H2O2..
In he past I dose more than 50 Ml in my 160 liter tank to fight BBA.. No harm notice. I did this for 4 days.
Than stoped.
It reduces a lot the BBA. But still.. some tiny tiny tufts remain. Just scracthing and i mean HARD scratching to fully remove that BBA blahblahblahblahblahblahblah...

Good Luck.

Does H2O2 effect shrimp?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back