• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiency?

robert2191

Does anyone know what's causing my plant leaves to get holes in
Not sure if its any deficiency or the snails are causing it
I fert daily using the EI method
0ed4d95a96366dabef3cc9347188584c.jpg
f7a1b8c2e278b5c49010c2b2128178a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe holes can be a sign of potassium deficiency.

But EI dosing based on KH₂PO₄ and KNO₃ shouldn't allow that.

Physical damage is usually a sign of CO2 deficiency or something having a nibble. My plecs and clown loaches used to make holes in my broad leaved plants.

Physical damage is usually a sign of CO2 deficiency or something having a nibble. My plecs and clown loaches used to make holes in my broad leaved plants.

My drop checker is green and fish are:
Red eye tetras
Green neon tetras
Rosy tetras
Ember tetras
siamese algae eaters

Could it be any of those fishes doing it ?

I believe holes can be a sign of potassium deficiency.

But EI dosing based on KH₂PO₄ and KNO₃ shouldn't allow that.

My macro EI mix is
14tsp of magnesium sulphate
3tsp of potassium phosphate
10tsp of potassium nitrate
Mixed with 500ml of water

I dose 80ml 3x a week

My tank is about 400 litres

My SAE's kept on scoffing my HC, so that I continually ended up with a tank of stalks.. Getting rid of them fixed that.

I also end up with holes in my broad leaf plants especially my amazon swords. I too dose with EI. My theory was that the holes happened in the older leaves as they got to the end of there life as they also became a slightly crispy texture and lost a bit of colour.At this time I also noticed that the cause of some of the holes appeared to be my amano shrimps causing damage due to the thin texture.Usually at the time this happened I noticed new leaves appearing on my plants so have just given them a trim before the cycle started again.

Back