• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very green at this.

fourseasons

Seedling
Hello as per title noob here.over the lastfew months been given goldfish of different sizes. 5 total.have now acquired a 55gal tank but it needs something to make it look good..Ive seen loads of pictures of planted tanks and think I wouls like to give it a try.

Hi, as has been pointed out, goldfish and planted tanks are a tricky thing to achieve! Goldfish will quickly uproot plants and will eat them, which is fine as they can form an essential supplement to their diet.

The key to keeping a planted goldfish tank is to buy lots of cheap, easy to keep plants like elodea and Amazon swords. I also found Hygrophila grew well in my goldy tank. Plants like Crinum Calamistratum and Crinum Natans are good as the fish don't eat these! Weight all plants down or they will quickly get uprooted!

I calculate your tank at 250L? If you have fancy goldfish then your tank will now be at capacity.

Back