• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pics of sodastream adapter seal

Aqua360

Hi all,

I was fortunate to recently acquire co2 art's advanced sodastream adapter kit, with a couple of sodastream bottles from a member on here.

After setting up, and opening the bottle by turning clockwise; I'm getting a large escape of gas from between the adapter and the sodastream bottle. After querying, it sounds like I have misplaced a rubber seal? Can anyone be kind enough to show a pic of this, or if there is anywhere special the seal is supposed to sit? I'm assuming it just goes into the adapter next to the pin?

I've also tightened the regulator part with a spanner very tightly, haven't experienced any loss there :)

Last edited:
Notice it is a plastic seal, not rubber. Rubber is attacked by CO2 especially at bottle pressure. The CO2 actually dissolves in the rubber making it either melt or harden and crack depending on the rubber.

My Co2Art sodastream adaptor uses a rubber seal where it connects to the bottle. I used to use "red rubber grease" [used to use it on some of the rubber components on my motorbike calipers] on the sealing part of the washer to try to make the seal last longer -I figured the grease would stop the rubber from deteriorating from the friction when I tightened the adaptor to the bottle. Have no idea if this helped or not but it seemed like a good idea.

I'm sure Co2 Art sell spare seals for their adaptors if you have issues with the Aquarium Garden replacements.

Back