• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2l Pico Iwagumi

-serok-

Hi folks!

I wanted to show you my current pico tank. It is a 20x10x10cm tank filled with white sand, red/black lava stone, Riccardia, HCC and three sprigs of my very tiny Micro Anubia. I'm planing to build a DIY mini filter for this tank. Until I got this filter to run the pico with water, the layout is starting by drystart.

Here are some pictures...
GKK_Pico#5_1.JPG

Pico#5_1.JPG

Hi folks!

I wanted to show you my current pico tank. It is a 20x10x10cm tank filled with white sand, red/black lava stone, Riccardia, HCC and three sprigs of my very tiny Micro Anubia. I'm planing to build a DIY mini filter for this tank. Until I got this filter to run the pico with water, the layout is starting by drystart.

Here are some pictures...
GKK_Pico#5_1.JPG

Pico#5_1.JPG

that looks awesome

Do you have a link to the lamp that you've used? I'm pondering setting up a planted bowl and searching for a suitable desk lamp as lighting. Would be very interested to know where you got yours from!

Hi folks!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

@Martin in China
I'm not sure if the tank is big enough for shrimps. Appart from this shrimps would destroy the perspective

@Dr Mike Oxgreen
This is a IKEA lamp, it is named Jansjö. It is a low light spot, only 70lm, but it seems to be enough for small tanks or small wabi kusa. I've tried some wabi kusa with this lamp before and it seems to work.

Hi folks!

Some time has passed, so here is a little update.

The tank is running with water since a week. My mini filter is not 100% ready yet, but operational. I've to change the hose attachment, this is improvable.
I'm really sorry, but I can't show you new pictures of the tank, this would defy against the rules of a well known aquascaping contest ;)
But here is a pic of the mini filter.

79716.jpg

So much to look at in such a small space.

Can you tell me where this tank is positioned?

Hi there!

Thanks a lot!

@Derek113
The tank stands in an Ikea Expedit shelf

@hogan53
I'll post a detailed DIY manual when the filter is 100% ready. But here are some data about it:
The pump is a x-fan mini water pump -> link
The casing is a sugar dispender (brand Zack) made of stainless steel -> picture
The pump is running with 6VDC, the flow rate is about 12l/h

I had to modify the pump a little bit to get the filtercase fixed to it.The filtercase is a bubble counter from Easy Aqua.

78975.jpg

All materials together cost about 65-70€.

Hi folks!

How are you doing? I had a big surprise this week, my pico scape placed #188 at this years IAPLC. Well, I havn't expected that and I'm really, really happy with that. Here is the IAPLC picture

little-big-57ac303283387.jpg

Unfortunately this tank doesn't exist anymore. I've ripped it down a month ago because of lack of time. But it was a fun tank.

so cool, so tiny! love that little filter! I have many of those ikea bookshelf, would love to fill them with tiny little scapes!

Not sure what words to use....incredible comes to mind while I pick my jaw off the floor. Thanks for sharing your tank and diy!!

Hi folks!

Thank you very much for your awesome feedback!

I forgott to say that I'll post a detailed DIY manuel of the mini filter here. I've taken a picture of every step. The only problem is time. When I've time, I'll post it. ;)

Hi folks!

Long time nothing new from me. I just wanted to mention that this pico placed rank #3 at this years AGA Contest in the category <28l. *BAM!* I'm unbelievable happy about that!

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2016/show13.html

If you're still waiting for the DIY manuel... sorry. I've been very busy the last 3 month, but I havn't forgot it. Give me some more weeks :p

Last edited:
I missed the IAPLC placing - well deserved
& AGA too - well done
:D

Such detail in miniature :wideyed:

Wow the photo with your hand in the shot really shows the scale of this tiny tank, again great work!

Back