• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My custom build shallow tank RESCAPE (The 3 Peaks)

Awesome work Jonny, you really brought it back after that algae outbreak. Plants look super healthy, as does the tank!

Excited to see it in the flesh!!

HI All

Today I'm shooting my final FTS and a Video but first, lets recap a little.

My rock work at the beginning was a lil ambitious and the lack of flow around the rocks became to much of a hinderance
18932840581_7c11986321_o.jpgIMG_1859 by Jonathan Archer, on Flickr

I continued with the layout but during some cleaning one day I knocked over a rock and when i tried to correct my mistake it went terribly wrong.
21036605693_f0871b494d_o.jpgIMG_1172 by Jonathan Archer, on Flickr

So I did a total re-scape, although a lilt messy. It did at least I solved my flow problem.
23163109712_547a04ee8f_o.jpgIMG_0091 by Jonathan Archer, on Flickr

After a few weeks i were getting somewhere.
25835570376_51d2b4b94b_o.jpgFullSizeRender[1] by Jonathan Archer, on Flickr

On my dummy run FTS, every thing was in place except except the Eleocharis parvula had not grown in.
23914284353_6bdce390d3_o.jpgIMG_4372 by Jonathan Archer, on Flickr

Stay Tuned for the Final shots and videos.

Regards

Jonny

Looks great Jonny... Still can't believe you are going to strip this but looking forward to the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25745371052_5d8d0e7493_o-jpg.82250.jpg
I'm completely in love with this photo.

HI All

So i've run into some problem with the video. I forgot that its a different mind set to taking pictures so I'm having to re shoot some footage.

Anyways I was rummaging through my archive photos and videos and notice a video i took when i first set up the scape. Anyways i threw a couple of clips to make this wee video.

Full vid coming soon

Jonny

The final instalment.

This tank marks a special point. Unlike my previous 2 scapes "Messing about with an Arcadia Arc" and "The tank of sentimentality" I didn't reach a point in those scapes that I was happy with. This scape almost ended up the same way with a careless cleaning mishap, I was very annoyed at the time but turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Now when i look back the first two where time killers, while I was designing and getting the cabinet built. I was in a rush with those two and didn't think the whole scape through. What this scape has taught me though is it importance of managing change with patient. After I knocked over the rock and had to redo my scape it gave me the confidence to change the scape around. In fact I was changing the scape on a weekly basis. It was this change that enabled me to perfect the scape to my liking. Change although a crucial part of this scape it needed to be coupled with patience in order to see the changes through to its full fruition. Without patience i probably would have called it a day and thrown in the towel at a couple of points in time. Obviously I'm glad I didn't.

What i will take onto my next scape is this

Creativity is only achieved through change and patients solves all mistakes. Together they are a powerful combo

Okay thats enough sentiment for one evening.

Heres the Video

I hope you have all enjoyed reading this journal.

Regards

Jonny

Epilogue

Before I started shooting for my FTS my friend, colleague (well.... ex colleague now :(), fellow scaper and UKAPS member @Joe Turner who also happens to be a :snaphappy:professional photographer:snaphappy:. Came over to see my tank. Unfortunately he was pressed for time and had to dart off but thankfully he managed to get a few snaps of the tank before he left. Its nice to see the tank from a different artists point of view and camera technique. I hope you will agree.

View attachment 25450678573_38cd81bbdd_o.jpg
View attachment 25448612594_d7c6357bcf_o.jpg
View attachment 25960646112_6ff1a25f31_o.jpg
View attachment 26027506216_19c5fe1382_o.jpg

Thanks Joe for letting me share your photos. The 3rd photo is still my favourite.

Cheers

Jonny

Last edited by a moderator:
Back