• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Lazy Asian Biotope

Couple of shots from tonight as taken from the angle I view it most frequently

DSCF8407%20%281%29.jpg

And in B&W

DSCF8409.jpg

Great tank & video ... though now need to see once without food-activated-fish ... are those fish really lazy enough :confused:

:D

It's a fantastic tank - looks to be rather a lot of growth in just a month :wideyed:

Those hillstreams are lovely - any idea on species? - & the algae looks perfect!

It's a fantastic tank - looks to be rather a lot of growth in just a month :wideyed:

Those hillstreams are lovely - any idea on species? - & the algae looks perfect!

Thanks, this is actually three months growth for the crypt balansae. Not certain for the hillstreams, they came from Maidenhead Aquatics and were vaguely labeled as such but I'm thinking Sewelia Lineolata is most likely.

I collected the pebbles from a nearby beach and just rinsed them before adding to the tank and I think they must have been seeded with algae in some way because they quickly greened more than anything else but the algae is remaining at stable levels and adds to the biotope look whilst the loaches and ottos also enjoy some grazing. Ticks all the boxes!

Very nice tank Chris.. :thumbup: Very nice growth.. Lovely i'm jealous.. :woot:
I thought the same, couldn't believe and scrolled back to check the dates.. :p Comapring it to my tank which is running flooded for 4 months now can't say i come even close. But after reading up it probably is the benefit of matured soil.. :).

Back