• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

rotting process of the base of the stems

hello friend
Have you had this problem with your plants, start the rotting process of the base of the stems ... the foundations are rotting, but the top of this with normal health ...

replanted in the stems are not giving this problem ....
I had to start much of the planting and start over again ...
but still I have points that there is this deficiency ....
parameters are ok full substrate ADA
PH: 6.8
KH: 8.0
CO2: 40ppm
You think you can be ma water circulção inside the aquarium? or a fungus of the plants came from the nursery?
I'm worried about it ...

20160325175053.jpg 20160325175047.jpg 20160325175349.jpg

thanks

fernando,

Not sure why but I think you should top those plants and increase your flow and co2 perhaps.

Are you sure it's rotting? Looks okay to me. Some old stem plants look like that after a year. Just pull out the old ones and replant the new shoots, and try to keep them short so the lower parts get enough light

Hi
had similar situation with old Ada aquasoil that was broken down to dust and most plants was struggling to root themselves due to poor oxygen levels in the substrate.
Will keep an eye on the tread as Im interested why is that happening too.You have said that the CO2 is 40 ppm but have you moved your drop checker arround to see if U having that concentration near the bottom where the plants are not at their best?What ferts are you dosing and what is filtration (circulation ) in the tank like?Im sure if you gove a bit more details someone will be able to help you
Regards Konsa

looking at this on the big screen, looks like green dust or maybe some brown diatom sort of algae...can you wipe it off? I can see the same on the rocks...

That's interesting. My Hygrophilias started doing the same thing. My tanks are low tech assumed so I just assumed that this was a normal result of non-CO2 injected tanks but you're using CO2. It'll be interesting to see what you find out.

Had the same issues with the same plant, gave up in the end.

Something I remember that helped a lot was to let the plants float for a couple of weeks until the roots started to grow, planting them after doing this seemed to help a lot.

Hi
had similar situation with old Ada aquasoil that was broken down to dust and most plants was struggling to root themselves due to poor oxygen levels in the substrate.
Will keep an eye on the tread as Im interested why is that happening too.You have said that the CO2 is 40 ppm but have you moved your drop checker arround to see if U having that concentration near the bottom where the plants are not at their best?What ferts are you dosing and what is filtration (circulation ) in the tank like?Im sure if you gove a bit more details someone will be able to help you
Regards Konsa

hello Regards Konsa
on the day, I did not do this comparison to see the level of rotten plants, I was already pulling out, but now I did and it is going well flow, added a pump more,
My tank is Ada 120p
filter eheim 2217, lyne pipe ada
lighting jbl 4 x 54w
Fertilization full ADA
I believe it had a large dust substrate on this site, I realized

Had the same issues with the same plant, gave up in the end.

Something I remember that helped a lot was to let the plants float for a couple of weeks until the roots started to grow, planting them after doing this seemed to help a lot.

hello Julian

I will do this, today I finished pruning and plucking them, I'll let float a few days until the roots appear

Since converting to Walstad tank not had the problem. I did experience it with one species only previously which was hygro polysperma.

This usually happens (despite CO2) because of plants have been bought from a dealer who first had them grow emmersed. The bottom could've been dying because the plants are adapting to the new conditions. This is derived more so because the dying leaves are differently shaped (emmersely grown) compared to the rounder leaves of the living part. Its normal if this is the case. It will die on that part, but if you don't like it, cut the rotting part off, pull it out and replant the new (living) cuttings. It is a stem plant. If this is not the case, i suggest looking if the lighting reached the bottom (dying) part.

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Back