• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Troon Scotland!

FreeFall

Seedling
I have have been keeping fish for about 2 years now and have come across this forum from time to time while researching various bits and bobs and on the suggestion of a moderator whom i purchased a tank from ... well 2 actually (to the horror of my other half) I have decided to register,

I have recently decided to downsize from a Juwel Rio 240 so i have purchased a second hand 70x30 x30 to fit in a dookit in my living room beside which is resides "my chair" which i can longingly look into while not watching TV or playing PC haha. My plan is to DIY a stand, DIY an overflow system with a sump, alter a DIY timer controlled light set that i was crafting for the 240 and set it up to hang above the tank and eventually intend for this to be a planted set up possibly with co2 but I m not sure of the expense yet we shall see!

Apart from the fish i have 2 sons (one is 2 1/2 years old and the other almost 4 years old) and a lovely extremely patient Hungarian wife who has to put up with me disappearing off for entire days doing DIY projects like converting an old shed into a play house for the kids etc and now making a fish tank stand / overflow/sump/light lol

anyway nice to meet you all and looking forward to asking annoying questions ... of course after using the search button first ;)

Last edited:
I have have been keeping fish for about 2 years now and have come across this forum from time to time while researching various bits and bobs and on the suggestion of a moderator whom i purchased a tank from ... well 2 actually (to the horror of my other half) I have decided to register,

I have recently decided to downsize from a Juwel Rio 240 so i have purchased a second hand 70x30 x30 to fit in a dookit in my living room beside which is resides "my chair" which i can longingly look into while not watching TV or playing PC haha. My plan is to DIY a stand, DIY an overflow system with a sump, alter a DIY timer controlled light set that i was crafting for the 240 and set it up to hang above the tank and eventually intend for this to be a planted set up possibly with co2 but I m not sure of the expense yet we shall see!

Apart from the fish i have 2 sons (one is 2 1/2 years old and the other almost 4 years old) and a lovely extremely patient Hungarian wife who has to put up with me disappearing off for entire days doing DIY projects like converting an old shed into a play house for the kids etc and now making a fish tank stand / overflow/sump/light lol

anyway night to meet you all and looking forward to asking annoying questions ... of course after using the search button first ;)

Hello from Paisley :)

Highly recommend co2, more for the fact it's quite fun to do

Glad to see you joined ukaps Iain! Welcome and hope to see a journal soon.

Cheers, Lindy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

do you guys like seeing build projects logs ie tank stands/lights etc? not quite ready to start but should be doing so when I get back my holiday to spain

Back