• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hissing inline CO2 diffuser

dfinn

Hi,

I have been using an inline CO2 diffuser for months which I "repaired" a slight crack in using superglue. My drop checker reads green but the diffuser does make a slight hiss when in operation (?CO2 leaking). No bubbles form when I spray the reactor on the outside but wondered if the buzzing was normal for these? I think it's the CO2 art one.

Dan

My old one seemed to make a hissing noise, it was the style that you could take apart to clean. I could never find a leak in it so assumed the noise was normal, but I did have some problems and when everything was returned to CO2 Art they submerged it in a bucket of water and it was indeed leaking. I'm now running with the older style that you can't take apart, no noise at all from that. I'm guessing you have a leak, try the submerging test if you can.

Thanks, I may well replace it just to be sure. I get green on the DC so CO2 is getting there, but don't want to be wasting it!

Thanks

They do make a hissing noise, but it's quite faint. Depends how clean the ceramic is.

Back