• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light time duration opinions

Aqua360

Hi,

I wondered if anyone would be able to help me with a rough light time period for a small cube set-up i have. Details below:

tank size: 25x25x30

light specs: 6W, 8000K

plants: anubias nana mini, java moss, dwarf hairgrass, cryptocoryne willissii.

It has ferts, but I don't plan on adding co2 as the size of the tank doesn't really lend itself.

I imagine this kind of light is going to be very intense, would a 4 hour lighting period be crazy? Don't mind slow growth, but really want to avoid algae etc.

cheers,

Colin

Is that 30 height ? I'm using the aquael leddy over my low tech in my signature it is very bright directly under it so I just let some stems run a bit wild to diffuse the light a little I ran a 6 hour photoperiod for about 4 weeks then went to 8 hours, not much in the way of algae other than on hardscape, hope that helps.

Is that 30 height ? I'm using the aquael leddy over my low tech in my signature it is very bright directly under it so I just let some stems run a bit wild to diffuse the light a little I ran a 6 hour photoperiod for about 4 weeks then went to 8 hours, not much in the way of algae other than on hardscape, hope that helps.

yes it is :)

I'll start with 4-5 light hours then :) cheers!

You could always add some smaller floaters to diffuse the light. Phyllanthus fluitans would be my choice, looks great in small tanks and goes bright red with enough light on it.

nice! I'll google them now lol. I've used salvinia natans before, love it; but this one sounds interesting...

Back