• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

500l discus tank

Lindy

Had decided I'd like a bigger tank for my lovely gourami. Might have over done it a tad though...
f85a09697e7df4aea4d9f747de9e9f3e.jpg

Introducing my 5x2x2ft 2nd hand tank. Going to change the cabinet panels to white gloss at some point as they are just help on with magnetic catches. Comes with a 3ft sump that I think I will keep. Need to take the blue off the weir though and replace with black with a black tank backing. Can't wait to get started. New house is a mess but I'd far rather get on with this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Annoyingly I have to sell off some more of my tanks and other equipment to buy the gear for this. So will need to get selling!

For filtering this tank I'm thinking fx6 with spray bar. Figure if I need more flow I can add a pump? I do have a jbl e1501 that I was thinking of using with a co2 reactor. Would 2 jbl e1501s be sufficient? Fx6 is pretty good value for money though. Very annoyed I didn't buy when I saw them for £168 on amazon. IDIOT !!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lindy,
I'm using an EHEIM Thermo filter professionel 3 1200 XLT -2180 on a tank of this size.
€435 shipped from Aquaristikshop in Germany.
It gives loads of circulation and that's with the return split between two lily pipes.

Not sticking with the sump then?
I wasn't sure I could get it running silently so the sump is sold.

Lindy,
I'm using an EHEIM Thermo filter professionel 3 1200 XLT -2180 on a tank of this size.
€435 shipped from Aquaristikshop in Germany.
It gives loads of circulation and that's with the return split between two lily pipes.
Thanks for that David, that is a great price. So you don't use anything else on the tank? Fluval fx6 is still £140 cheaper though and gets higher flow.

Yes the Fx is cheaper but the eheim has an inbuilt heater and runs at 2/3 the power of the fluval, both are good options though.

Ref the lighting I have two 1m aquabars staggered to cover the full length of the tank.

Now that is music to my ears as I have aqua bars! Wasn't sure they'd cope with the depth of 2ft but if you are happy with them is good enough for me!

Back