• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

500l discus tank

Thanks Eduard.

This will be lower light but I may run co2 at a low level. Not sure yet. I think I will buy 2 x 100cm aqua bars and then use the other 50cm aqua bars I already have to fill any dark spots there may be or just to simply boost the light.i have at least 2 white bars(perhaps 3 and one colour plus so shouldn't be short on light.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

thinking about a light fitting like this above tank..

Diablo Pearl Black Nickel & Chrome Effect 4 Lamp Bar Spotlight

Product code:
Price

£37

Qty

05230457_09i?$PROMO_60_60$.gif
05230457_08i?$PROMO_60_60$.gif
05230457_05c?$PROMO_60_60$.gif

Price

Product rating
5.0 out of 5 stars (2) Write a review

• Recommended for Bedrooms and living spaces
  • Fixings supplied
  • Matching 3 lamp round spotlight and 1 lamp spotlight available
Read more aboutDiablo Pearl Black Nickel & Chrome Effect 4 Lamp Bar Spotlight

Brand
Lights%20by%20B&Q_logo&$THUMBNAIL_SMALL$.jpg

Product notices
  • Home Delivery Order by 7pm (2pm Sunday) for next day delivery.
  • Click & Collect

Scratch above idea. Think it will be DsunY led panels from eBay I'll go with. They are programmable with 4 channels. So you can do sunrise/sunset, lunar cycle etc. They get good feedback and they replied to my query very quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bought the DsunY panels today

) FP-C6-4/FW-C6-4 (4pcs 54cm length panel+1pcs Turing-P controller/Turing-W controller)
Features

• - 4 x 21.26 Inch(540mm) LED Light Fixtures
  • - LED quantity: 96pcs 3W Bridgelux LEDs
  • - Channel: 4 channels dimmable and programmable
  • - Power: 240W
  • - Programmable: Quick set/Spring/Autumn/Summer/Winter/LunarCycle/Moon/Slow Acclimation/Fast Growth/Vivid Color/Coral Fragging/Program modes
Dimension for each module:
  • - Length: 21.26 inches (54 cm)
  • - Width: 4.7 inches (12 cm)
  • - Thickness:1.5 inches (3.6 cm)

HTB1DxdCIFXXXXbyXXXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg

HTB1EyReIFXXXXcXXVXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg

Package includes:
HTB1HmkvIVXXXXXRapXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

Tonight I ordered the eheim 1200xlt. Toying with the idea of a eheim uv thingamajigie to combat bba which seems to thrive in acidic tanks with high organic matter.
Looked at taking the weir out today but unfortunately the glass weir was siliconed in while the rest of the tank was siliconed so taking it out will wreck the tank. Instead I'm going to cap the weir with glass or thick perspex and then cover in coloured plastic the same colour as the background.
On a good note my new shrimp tank for the kitchen arrived ☺
3d47ea3d44d8003cbc899b21801bf994.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You could always put your heater behind the weir with a pump to circulate the water back Into the main tank.
Edit Scratch that, I just noticed you have gone for the xlt

Well the lights arrived yesterday which was a little quicker than I had anticipated. Unfortunately there was money to be paid for customs but only £19 so not bad at all. Very impressed with build quality but I guess time will tell although the beamswork led light that I bought a few years ago is still going strong. Not had a chance to really play around with them and they are just sat on the braces of the tank until I get the tank set up and canopy built, but coverage is excellent. Glad they are dimmable though as they are Extremely strong at 100% :cool:. Had a bit of fun mucking around with the different channels and changing the colours but have family staying so had to put down my toys...will take some pics later.

I have ordered 2 sets of these.
s-l140.jpg

I'm now trying to decide what to clad the stand and hood in to get the gloss white finish I want. Choices are getting panels of mdf cut and either wrapped in vinyl or sprayed in a car paint shop, buying panels of 10mm white gloss acrylic cut to size or looking at what ikea has in the besta range. My husband and I have agreed the tank actually looks better with no panels on for now as the old beech look panels make it look much bigger and bulkier.
Have ordered black acrylic to cover and cap the glass weir and will paint the back of the tank with chalk board paint so hopefully it will all blend.

Cheers..

The weir is now covered with black acrylic and the back of the tank painted with blackboard paint so looking a bit different. Decided to try pool filter sand as the silver sand I've bought before is far too fine. The pool filter sand is lovely colour and size so very pleased with it. The eheim 1200xlt has arrived from Germany and what a beast! Bit peeved it arrived without a plug adapter but that was simple enough to buy on ebay. My lfs is ordering in 30kg of dragon stone tomorrow so hopefully arrive soon as itching to get going. I have decided on a 2 island layout.
An interesting plant was for sale on a fb page so I bought and it arrived today. Najas roraima. The whole purpose for this update was to write this name down otherwise I will forget what it is :facepalm: Still have to buy eheim quick release connectors for the external filters so it is easy to remove inlets and outlets for cleaning, they are expensive for what they are and I need 5 if I'm going to use both filters.

Cheers

Got the islands done today. As you all know scaping is not my forte and this is my first time using so much rock so be gentle! I will add some small bits of stone here and there but have to get the hammer to it first. The wood is not final, just ideas...
324d7473ca3922776bc505de54f63275.jpg
4adcec4ab8cbbf617fbba3e1249bd697.jpg
ef7d21244f9541da111dbfe8c290a633.jpg
17ae3e6c4e9561a07302b0a62f847974.jpg
225c5d4e38c0f15f077c0900c940c17b.jpg
2a664a1c1a5abb71cbb38c3b7482ea6a.jpg
025313fd2e4a147514b462a690d36d11.jpg
d9e44dd212a6fa7060a1f63926bea4c8.jpg

Had a bash at programming the lights last night. Should know better than to do these things when tired. Was nice watching them slowly dim and then go on to moonlight setting. In fact I looked more at the tank than the TV. Wasn't so good when they came back on at 2am . It was like something out of 'Close Encounters' . One down side of now living in a bungalow .

Today I plan to pick up the wood to make a frame for the hood so the lights can be hung.

looks great lindy, dual island is one of my favourite layouts. If i was to criticize then id would only suggest having a few areas of the rock stick out so its a little less uniform and circular, which will add points of interest to lead the eye around the tank...
:thumbup:

Back