• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another Camera Thread

I have the D3200 nice camara does everything I want. You can't go wrong with either really. I would get yourself down to Currys or Jessops and just hold them and play with the controls to see which one feel comfortable. Look at upgrading to a 50mm or more fixed macro lense. I picked up my 90mm for £75 second hand off ebay.

Save a little more and buy something better ;) you wont regret it in the long run!
Hi Neil,

Completely agree with Paulo. It's worth saving more and getting something better. If you go with Canon, I would suggest you look at 600d minimum. After a quick search on eBay (item number 231897595924 for exemple) it seems possible to get it for around £250/£300. Another option would be to go for a 50d, ideally 60d but that gets expensive.
When buying second hand, ask or check for the shutter count. Although it should last for a long time, you don't want to buy a camera that's been used by a pro, with the shutter near the end of its life...
The body of the camera is important of course, but the most important is the lense... Most zoom lenses you get in a package are not great. Very low aperture meaning long exposure...unless you spend more money in flashes. The other issue is that the straight lines of the tank are distorted... This can be corrected in a software but it's nice if you don't have to waist time editing every single picture :)
So the best is to get a fix focal with a nice big aperture, around 1.8. The smaller the number, the better.
I hope this helps :)
Also, I will bring my camera when we meet at Roy's, so we can have a chat then :)

Cheers,
Manu

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Cash convert shops do some times good prices on camera's

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was lucky in such a shop and bought me a year old Fujifilm for €75.. Which was 4 x this price when new. The camera is OK, only i need to get around using it.
The issues with camera's and spending a lot of cash is always kinda tricky, ou buy some and few months later something beter comes along for the same money. A year old is ancient in the camera world.. This digital stuff develops so quick, it's hard to track it.

I few years back i bought my girlfriend a new Nikon D70 for her birthday, that was top of the bill for household photography back then and top money €800 or something.. :lol: 6 months later she got an Iphone, the darn phone took better pictures than the nikon.. :crazy:

I was in the same situation at the start of the year. On the entry levels the Nikon D3200 is a much better option than the Cannon, if you want to go Cannon I would probably say look at the Cannon rebels 600/650. Also remember it is not only DSLRs at the moment and mirrorless are probably as good if not better in some sense than the DSLRs, the Sony A6000 can be probably bought at a very reasonable price at the moment.

I would recommend you watch this https://www.creativelive.com/courses/how-choose-your-first-dslr-camera-for-beginners as it is free and definitely makes choosing a camera a bit more of an informed decision

I was lucky in such a shop and bought me a year old Fujifilm for €75.. Which was 4 x this price when new. The camera is OK, only i need to get around using it.
The issues with camera's and spending a lot of cash is always kinda tricky, ou buy some and few months later something beter comes along for the same money. A year old is ancient in the camera world.. This digital stuff develops so quick, it's hard to track it.

I few years back i bought my girlfriend a new Nikon D70 for her birthday, that was top of the bill for household photography back then and top money €800 or something.. :lol: 6 months later she got an Iphone, the darn phone took better pictures than the nikon.. :crazy:
The point of having of a DSLR or any other interchangeable lens camera is the range of options you have with it. If you only plan to use on auto mode than definitely spend your money somewhere else

What camera did you get ?.
I ended up getting a Nikon D7200 just because I was always interested in photography and this was the camera that had everything I wanted. If you are just a casual shooter than the Nikon D3300 is a great camera and so is the Sony A600 (The missus got that one). If you can go John lewis or Jessops and hold a few cameras, I really didn't like the Cannons and loved the Nikon feeling in hand, it is a kind of marmite type scenario so make sure you try both

Ok,might be able to pay just a bit more.It will be my birthday present,so would prefer a new one :oops:.
Really doesn't have to be all singing,all dancing.Also needs to be idiot proof............
Now looking at these two.
http://www.expeditelectronics.com/c...LYcBXvBaw4-Ja51iodODOf12b_0Bq2bny8aAmZO8P8HAQ
http://www.expeditelectronics.com/shopping/camera/digital-slr/nikon-d5200-kit-18-55mm-black.html
Any thoughts ?.
Again the canon you link isn't great but what are guy currently only looking at old models? Also I don't recognise the website you are buying from but seems some kind of grey import so make sure they have UK warranty as a lot of them don't. What is the intended use for the camera? How much time are you willing to invest in learning how the camera works? Why do you want to buy a new camera?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My old camera is on it's last legs,so need a new one.Decided to get an entry level DSLR.
Mainly for fish tank pics,but some other stuff as well.I'm not a big photography nut,hence just entry level camera.
Also I don't recognise the website you are buying from but seems some kind of grey import so make sure they have UK warranty as a lot of them don't.
I think it is grey import.Only 12 month warranty from the shop.

Be careful with those make sure the reviews of it are any good as the shop warranty can mean a large range of things. I bought mine from panamoz which seems to have great reviews and I had a friend with good experience with them.

The entry levels DSLRs are great cameras if you stepping into more serious photography but remember the most important part of the camera is you. A DSLR per see won't give you better pictures than a good smartphone and with only the kit lens you will be almost as equally limited. The advantages of a dslr are the viewfinder for photos in direct sunlight where it's impossible to view a screen, better low light performance and the option to go fully manually on the exposure. If this are things you think you need than a DSLR is a good option. Remember however you will need to spend money down the line in better glass to take full benefit of it.

Also it may be worth looking at bridges cameras if you don't intend to buy more lens.

If after all this you still decide the DSLRS are a good choice for you then look at the Nikon D3300, Nikon D5300, canon 600d and pentax k3. Read about then on dpreview and then go to the shop and give then a try. If the Nikon D3300 is the only one you can afford go with that one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bruno ;).
I did originally think about a bridge camera.Decided on a DSLR as it gives the option of different lenses in the future.
Have been reading reviews for a few days now :crazy:.

Back