• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where are you from?

aaronnorth said:
Thomas McMillan said:
Egmel said:
Guildford, Surrey

(one day the forum developers will cotton on that this is done a lot on forums and will link the profile info into a map so you can see/search for people local to you. As it is we have to make do with threads like this :rolleyes: )

That's what I'm saying, this way it's much easier to see which members live near you.

similar to this:

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/worldmap.php

That's brilliant, Aaronnorth! Never noticed that before.

Mark (South Lambeth, Vauxhall, London, UK, The World, The Galaxy, The Milky Way, The Universe)

vauxhallmark said:
Mark (South Lambeth, Vauxhall, London, UK, The World, The Galaxy, The Milky Way, The Universe)
Just down the road from me! I live in Stockwell ;)

graphictart said:
misscaretaker said:
Boring Basingstoke, Hampshire :(

It's not that bad, is it?

Oh yes! If you like huge, ugly estates, out of control kids, fights in the town centre and over priced, flat-pack housing it's the place for you! Oh, and not forgetting the roundabouts! I ahve to swap the tyres on my car twice as regularly as normal because of the side wear from going round so many of the damned things!

I'm from Glasgow, which probably makes everything clear. There's a cattle farm (of sorts) nearby, and woods with deer in them. You wouldn't believe it's almost the countryside. And yet . . .

beeky said:
Ooh, you're near the steam trains!

Chooo! Chooo!

I've been down there a few times with my son.

I used too live right by the side of the damn things, would lay in bed at the weekend and they would sit there for an hour filling up with steam then if that wasnt enough they would give it a toot toot before they chugged off !!!!!!
Have now moved but can still hear them sometimes, they do draw alot of people too the town as does Jane Austins house !!!

I never made it to the Alton down south, I tend to stick to churnet valley and severn valley. Gotta love the smell of steam engines. They're good fun to drive too. 8)

Hey, you're just showing off! When did you get to drive one?

The line down at Alton were offering drives of the restored Bittern (a sister of Mallard) for £500 a pop. A bit much for my measly wage....

I did a footplate course c/o Pete Waterman at Crewe.
The A4's (Mallard et al) are a real train drivers trains they had bucket seats and everything, they're common by preservation standards though. The j94's are rough but nice to drive wartime austerity at it's finest.

Conwy

Back