• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Disobedience II (temporary name)

The perfect setup for me would be one Eheim termo filter (with Co2 reactor, that don't exist, yet), maybe in the future.
I don't like to work with much flow for some reasons, but that's me.
Hope this helps,
cheers
:cigar:

Thank you for your detailed answer, and pointing me on termo filter. I'm slowly trying to decide what I need for my planned 120 cm tank.
I like Eheim Classic series for its simplicity, but I fear that won't be enough for my needs.

Hi all, Lovely, Apistogramma in general are my favourite fish.
It is worth joining <"Apistogramma forums">, it isn't a very busy forum but there are a lot of really good posters including Mike Wise (Wise by name and nature).
Have a look at <"Dwarf Cichlid: Aquarium Care">, and <"TomC's Apistogramma"> site.
cheers Darrel

Thanks Mike,
it's all new to me! It's very interesting to watch the behaviours and interaction!
They are showing already very nice colours (i think that's good).
Many thanks for the links, never been there.
I'll try to post better photos of the A. bitaeniata, the are less shy now.
cheers

The tank and cabinet work looks super!
The growth of the plant are fantastic and they look healthy, well done, can see this is not your first time "round the block".

Cabinet looks awesome inside, thanks for the insight, it's given me some great ideas for my own, thank you

Thanks Flygja, Paulo and jakkals! :thumbup:

One more update:
24889190472_5d6ca015d5_o.jpg

finally ended my pipes :wacky:
cheers,

Good to see some of my Bitaeniata offspring are in good hands Tiago ...

Have to pay you a visit soon, to watch their behavior ... I'm guessing by their colors theres must have been some spawning in that tank ...

=)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Wow beautifully done. Perfectly executed flow both in design, colour and actual water flow!!

Hi Tiago,

You should create a thread with the work to achieve that picture.

A step by step in the world of "behind the picture"!

That is also part of this hobby :)

Excelent job !

Cheers.

Is that some sort of blue background. The colour selection is superb!!

Hi Tiago,
You should create a thread with the work to achieve that picture.
A step by step in the world of "behind the picture"!
That is also part of this hobby :)
Excelent job !

Thanks Paulo!
There're so many good tutorials that i doubt that i could do better...

This one is from ADA:

other by Jurijs Jutjajevs:

Cheers.

Is that some sort of blue background. The colour selection is superb!!
It just seems to me the blue channel was pushed over as you can see the same effect on the glass

I don't think this is a perfect image, just put the Nikon 3200 in the tripod and shoot. (always manual mode)

The light is from the aquarium (full power 100W, normally adjusted to 50W), no flash or backgrounds.
The blue 'cast' is from the mixing with my led's (7 x 6500ºK and 3x 4000ºK) reflecting int the white wall.
The light was too low, very near water level (check the film oil in water surface, please don't tell anyone :oops:)
You can also spot the 'round lights' from the fixture...

I didn't push the blue channel, but increased the saturation a bit for all channels (too much, but it's fun!) ;)
Can you see the 'yellow glosso' on the right? Cuted the day before... (it was very yellow)...
This colour version is not good fr contest (IMO) for that i would used flash light for better and precise colour.
cheers

thanks for the explanation. I think I kind of get how you got those color casts.

What are your thoughts about the incongruency of the rounded versus the sharp edges stones?

thanks for the explanation. I think I kind of get how you got those color casts.

What are your thoughts about the incongruency of the rounded versus the sharp edges stones?

I think is not a problem! I choose to use two different stones.
The issue is the colour, in the beginning the two stones had similar colours, but they aged differently... (and i wasn't expect that! :bored: check the initial images)
Now I have to live with that... trying to learn, maybe next time will be better.:bookworm:

Next time you'll see the layout changes (just plants)!
cheers

Back