• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascaping Workshop with George Farmer

Hi All, Thank you to Dave and the team for a great opening day. Stunning plants and products well worth a visit. All the best for your new venture Dave :thumbup:

Great workshop by George I think Toby was the star of the show.

Nice to meet you Gareth looking forward to your Journal. Let me know when you start.

Had a fantastic day catching up and having and a chat with other members and buying some really nice rocks.

Neil Will Pm you ;)

Thank you to everyone who attended our aquascaping event yesterday, it was a huge success and we are very pleased with how the whole day unfolded :)

It was a memorable day for us which marks the start of our expansion into bricks and mortar retail aquascaping. For those who like to pick out hardscape and plants first hand (and most of us would prefer it this way!) our new shop makes this possible.

Also hugely encouraging that so many people showed their support. We were packed to the rafters from start to finish!

A big thanks to @George Farmer for a superb aquascaping demo. We've had some excellent feedback from many customers. Both beginners and those more advanced in the hobby learn't a great deal.

Once we have the pictures sorted I will post a selection from throughout the day.

Once again thanks to all for your support. We will continue to help grow this wonderful hobby :)

Cheers,
Dave

Hi everyone it was great indeed even if I ended up hurting the credit card a lot more than expected. And Nelson great to finally put the face on the name sorry I had to cut our talk short as Iain wanted to leave but we will hopefully have another chance soon.

Will have to start journals on the 2 tanks I am putting together.

Hi everyone it was great indeed even if I ended up hurting the credit card a lot more than expected. And Nelson great to finally put the face on the name sorry I had to cut our talk short as Iain wanted to leave but we will hopefully have another chance soon.

Will have to start journals on the 2 tanks I am putting together.

Hi Bacms, I was there I missed you sorry:( We will have to meet another time and have a chat. It was a great day looking forward to your new tank journal :thumbup:

Hi Bacms, I was there I missed you sorry:( We will have to meet another time and have a chat. It was a great day looking forward to your new tank journal :thumbup:
Sorry didn't saw you at all otherwise would have said something as after the wabi kusa seminar you are now a star. Hopefully you are right and we will get a chance to meet soon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Some highlights from the day, more pictures can be found on our Facebook page :)

A big thanks to John Starkey for the shots, a great guy and photographer.

The tank and cabinet used for the aquascape is by Crystal Aqua. Many thanks to them for supplying us with this for the event. I must say the joints on the glass are awesome, and the 'streak resistant' matte finish on the cabinet looks and feels great. For updates on when Crystal Aqua tanks and cabinets are available please message us and we will keep you up to date :thumbup:

The finsihed aquascape can be viewed in our shop.

25348191584_9e54e2651b_z.jpg

25885929861_74813ff4ce_b.jpg

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/EChtBV']25352165743_49a5f13532_b.jpg

25352165973_b7093c6edd_b.jpg

25860078322_92262ca65f_b.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fxy1HC]25954971326_6d0e3f81c2_b.jpg

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/Fxy1QG']25954971736_cd5c3fd0ab_b.jpg
[/url][/url][/url]

Hi all, just thought I'd give you a little update on our shop display Iwagumi that George created for us on our opening day last month. He kindly popped into the shop yesterday to see how things were going. So far so good!

The Micranthemum monte carlo and Eleocharis mini are starting to blend well together in the foreground, a really nice combination.

Being a high energy set up , we have had some algae mainly on the rocks and a bit of glass cleaning also required. We're running 2 x Beamswork LED units on what is considered a fairly shallow tank. Large water changes are important here. So far it's being drained and filled twice per week. CO2 is high, currently using the Tropica 3 in 1 diffuser.

A few floating plants may help with the early stage algae, we will probably use Salvinia Natans.

And here are few pictures taken by George yesterday...

25819077513_f7d6f3e282_b.jpg

25819077583_a1af508a61_b.jpg

26149014040_ab53bf357a_b.jpg

Back