• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks andy. And so others do not misunderstand.ithe green garden hose does not fill anything .The bottom drain does that with 4 inch line. And 12000 and 14000lph. T green hose merely is there for a wash cycle. So even if it ruptured it would not affect anything. Epcept a large water bill haha plus it aint going in my living room
Also ian who pointed out the fittings and hose thanks.i will be replacing this further down the line with fixed piping.but for now will stay as it is for testing the drum for leaks all the best fred

Thanks greenfinger2 I am on train heading to aberdeen now folks. Got a pond to pay for ha ha

Thanks andy. And so others do not misunderstand.ithe green garden hose does not fill anything .The bottom drain does that with 4 inch line. And pumps 12000 and 14000lph. T green hose merely is there for a wash cycle. So even if it ruptured it would not affect anything. Epcept a large water bill haha plus it aint going in my living room
Also ian who pointed out the fittings and hose thanks.i will be replacing this further down the line with fixed piping.but for now will stay as it is for testing the drum for when I first run it. for leaks all the best fred

Now if the 4 inch pipe work to filters where to go or burst which are pressure pipe. And the one and a half return to pond.which is also pressureised then I will have a problem. The green hose that puts water into the jets.that goes to waste.so does nt affect anything water wise. Because it goes straight to waste. I eventually am going to run this to plants in baskets.and a couple of trees I have bought to stand at pond side. So I will barrel it up as feed.supposed to be good for plants .? Plus I am putting a self water topping up system in. Same as your house toilet system. Also an over flow system to drains. So as the sun dehydrates the water toilet system tops up. And if we have a monsoon overflow takes it out.this way I keep same level of water. All the best fred

this is the stage where at with pond build while i have been away the block work on the inside is more or less finished now
upload_2016-4-16_15-55-54.png

next step front of upper pond now up to the height it s meant to be also main garden wall nearly completed also start of filter house started
all the best fred
upload_2016-4-16_15-56-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-16_15-54-38.png
    upload_2016-4-16_15-54-38.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Sk3lly and gill thanks for reply. Its all to do with weather mate.the pond has to be bone dry. So as to render and especially when it gets fibre glassed. The water from surrounding gardens is all heading for my pond brickwork. Thats what shaun explained to me.about it being 4 feet down. Tables and all that.but in the mean time. There is still filter house and all my walls to build yet plus paving.and back filling in between blocks and brickwork. So if weather turns to being warm and dry. Six weeks.all the best fred

I would love it though if I got of this rig in 12 days time and my fish whete in the pond. Oh to dream oh to dream ha ha. Best fred

Render the walls with cement first mate. Then the floor of the pond.this will slope from sides 4 inch to 0 inches.
So as all waste from fish and any debrie that is in pond goes down toilet to filter. That's the idea anyway

Then it gets fibre glassed mate. Hope this helps. Best fred

So the end finish will be fibre glass. The volume was planned for 5000 gal I think it will end up about 6500gal.i have bought flow meter to attach to hose when filling pond up. Because we have gone deeper. Plus upper pond. Hope this helps mate fred

So the end finish will be fibre glass. The volume was planned for 5000 gal I think it will end up about 6500gal.i have bought flow meter to attach to hose when filling pond up. Because we have gone deeper. Plus upper pond. Hope this helps mate fred

To mark Livermore thanks for liking post mate. If you. Need any questions answering just ask mate and I will answere to the best of my ability. All the very best fred

the progress of today rendering started notice bottom of the pond how a coat has been put down this
is to stop crud or fish waste and debris gathering also start of slope to bottom drain
upload_2016-4-18_17-50-44.png

right hand side of pond notice new wet brickwork and front of filter house now being built
also can you spot the pipe fitting on the brick work this is sitting to be planned and lined up for skimmer line

upload_2016-4-18_17-56-48.png

also some stuff got done with my upper pond. but wife has not sent me photos of this yet.
untill next time enjoy the post. all the best fred

as you can see the upper wall s have been completed on my internal wall. a little bit more done on upper pond. also a lot of hardcore was put in the upper pond my wife has not sent me a photo of this. she told me on the phone.also walls on filter house raised higher. the pond builders are concentrating on this now. so as to get my filters in there. for they want to stow and connect them for when my other fences
come down and digger moves back in. also so they do not get stolen. digger comes next week for new wall s all the best fred

IMG-20160419-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back