• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Scaper Tank 50l

Aqua360

Hi all,

Seen one of these online for around £50, looks like a really nice set-up; does anyone have any opinions on these tanks before I splash the cash? Hoping to use the glass lid, with the dennerle scape flow external filter; I'm assuming both fit together anyway.

Thanks

Hi all,

Seen one of these online for around £50, looks like a really nice set-up; does anyone have any opinions on these tanks before I splash the cash? Hoping to use the glass lid, with the dennerle scape flow external filter; I'm assuming both fit together anyway.

Thanks

I have seen the bare tanks for sale for £50 but the cheapest I found the complete kit for was £150. I have just set one up and love it. My only gripe is that unless you have room to fit the external behind the tank, the glass lid won't fit on :bawling:. I currently have the lid just sat on top of the filter as I have to have the filter on the side of the tank. I would use one of my eheim ecco pro externals with acrylic 12/16 lily pipes on it but not going to drill holes through our nice new breakfast bar.

Hi. I set one of these up recently. Nice size and for £50 that's a bargain. The external filter is a bit of an eye-sore but perfectly functional.

I'm very tempted to go whole hog and get the complete set up for 150, since id need an external and light anyway, plus I think it gives you the substrate etc if I recall

I have seen the bare tanks for sale for £50 but the cheapest I found the complete kit for was £150. I have just set one up and love it. My only gripe is that unless you have room to fit the external behind the tank, the glass lid won't fit on :bawling:. I currently have the lid just sat on top of the filter as I have to have the filter on the side of the tank. I would use one of my eheim ecco pro externals with acrylic 12/16 lily pipes on it but not going to drill holes through our nice new breakfast bar.

Interesting, if possible would you please be able to show pics? As this could be quite a decision maker for me in terms of aesthetics, its going on a cabinet thats just covering the width front to back, so id probs have to situate the filter at the side

I have one for sale £30, pick in dulwich se London though. Great size tank

You're welcome to come take a look, I've been meaning to ebay it but I've been too lazy!

You're welcome to come take a look, I've been meaning to ebay it but I've been too lazy!

Lol don't think I'd be able to get the time, but I'd be interested if you had pics etc; I'll PM you

Mine didn't come with substrate. It also didn't come with a black backing which surprised me as the basic dennerle cubes come with a background.
f13d46aa998bcbb7cfaaaf3dadb3a8e8.jpg
9152fd2047af1208b6a5059e2d1cf014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine didn't come with substrate. It also didn't come with a black backing which surprised me as the basic dennerle cubes come with a background.
f13d46aa998bcbb7cfaaaf3dadb3a8e8.jpg
9152fd2047af1208b6a5059e2d1cf014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's really nice! Thanks for the pics, they are awesome little tanks, really want one now lol

That is beautiful Damien, hopefully mine will look something like this once it is all grown in.

Back