• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hardscape - Wood and rocks - when do and don't they work

AKD594

Seedling
Planning a 'scape.

Just curious about hardscape - particularly the use of wood and rocks together.

I've always been more a fan of wood and have read in some places that you are better of using one or the other.

However I've seen the combination work well in numerous tanks.

My questions are:
How are these made to work together?
Are there any particular types of wood/rock which go really well together and similarly types which don't?

If it helps I am going to use this advice when aquascaping a 25L tank

Thanks

Eg from my current tank. Quick iPhone shots

52c6ffc1955db13ea182ba139d62ad87.jpg

265a2b507f0a54a5e6ef7fc0c9adabc1.jpg

One of the general rules is that you use one type of rock and wood per tank. Also having a few different sizes of wood and rock will help create the illusion of nature and depth.

One of the general rules is that you use one type of rock and wood per tank. Also having a few different sizes of wood and rock will help create the illusion of nature and depth.
If you have two sorts as example of woods say bogwood and twigs branched a way to disguise the difference is with attaching moss or ferns and I find it sort of makes them look natural,reversing mopani which tends to be darker on the reverse side and can be effective

Back