• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

long shallow tank filtration and flow

Lapul

Hi all
I'm setting up a new tank (120*35*25h) in my bedroom.
I Will insert a lot of lava rocks, some quite big, that i think to not exceed 70l of water.
The substrate Will be Seachem flourite classic and sand
I'm Planning to insert a carpet of Montecarlo Hemiantus, mosses (both submerged and emerged) and maybe anubias petite nana.
Light:
I'm waiting for Zetlight ZP 4000.
Filter:
Actually i'm searcing for the quietest one......
I found the Tetratec ex600 plus that seems a good unit.
A problem could be the flow..... on a 120cm. Long tank.
Any idea?
A circulation pump on the opposite Side?
Inlet and Outlet Will be on the right Side.(filter inside another cabinet close to the wall)

Thanks and sorry for bad english ;)

WP_20160424_21_10_19_Pro.jpg

Hi Edwin
Price it is not my concern, however being in the bedroom should be as much as possible silent, furthermore it is a Little bit oversized for my cabinet.

Hi Edwin
Price it is not my concern, however being in the bedroom should be as much as possible silent, furthermore it is a Little bit oversized for my cabinet.

I have a very similar sized tank, and have experienced quite a few problems with flow; even with a 1000lph filter flow, and 40x circulation, I've had staghorn algae etc due to water not reaching the right areas.

My suggestion is to go for a powerful flow, but be prepared for plants getting uprooted etc, which is hard not to happen given the footprint.

PS. I have two circulation pumps, one on each side to create a type of circuit of water if that makes sense.

If price was no issue, id go for two circulation pumps rated 2000lph, either side, then a main filter at at least 1000lph.

If you're stocking fish, this then creates a dilemma in fish types; perhaps being limited to those that prefer fast stream like habitats, such as white cloud mountain minnows

;)Thank you
Not good news....but expected.
I was thinking about jebao R4, maybe adding something like Borneowild s.s. pipe to increase the flow.
About the filter it is hard to find one with both adequate flow rate and quietness.
I like the fish you have suggested very much.

Thanks again for feed-back

About PRICE...well do not misunderstand me, i was referring to that kind of Filter.
I'm trying to find the best compromise PRICE/performance
We are not living in a good Times specially here in Italy........

Cris

About PRICE...well do not misunderstand me, i was referring to that kind of Filter.
I'm trying to find the best compromise PRICE/performance
We are not living in a good Times specially here in Italy........

Cris

Most externals are quiet, I don't think you'd hear them unless really listening hard at night :) that includes various brands such as eheim, tetra, Fluval, aquaone etc.

Agree there is a difference between quiet and bedroom quiet. It could be tricky to find such a filter.

Lovely! The famous 'linear layout' by James Findley.

Well known.
I would like to know how strong is the water circulation in His beautiful shallow display, like Tributary,Crimson sky etc..
It is also his fault if i have purchased a tank like this :lol: four years ago.

Back