• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterdays progress the put the window frame in at far end of pond.
Finished the applying of fibre glassing. And sanded down the fibre glass. So as fish do not cut or scratch them self s.
There putting the top flow coat on today. It will be black. Bottom fibre glass finished. And bottom drain been sealed.
I will put photos of this when the flow coat is on. Best fred

Today's work. Put fibre glass around window frame at far end infinity window. Cut excess from both windows. So glass now ready to go in window. Cut one of tangible return s away.other one still to do. They used a small grinder cutting disc like you see at dentists.to cut fibre glass away from frames. And fromTPR. Cut all excess away from top of pond.
About to start top black flow coat then it bucketed down still raining now so called it a day. Cheers mark. All the best Fred

rain came down and stopped flow coat getting put on

upload_2016-5-10_18-10-25.png

notice all the fibre has bee trimmed from window and top of brick work.the top will go under coping bricks

upload_2016-5-10_18-12-4.png

widow frame infinity window before fibre glass of frame all rest of pond been fibre glassed

upload_2016-5-10_18-15-46.png

thats it tak a couple more on next stage

infinity window after fibre glass and sanding notice four sided window frame on inside fibre glassed
notice looking through window at four sided window to back of pond one of theTPR has been cut out. still to do one

upload_2016-5-10_18-19-52.png

close up of infinity window after fibre glassing

upload_2016-5-10_18-21-14.png

thats it folks very slow but getting there best fred

Can I just say "wow" . This is an incredible build. You must not plan on ever moving house! Will be following

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers idc groomer
No mate I do not plan on moving.what with lasy year exstention and brand new kitchen and conservatory.now a massive make over of my garden. You would have to shoot me. To get me away from my home ha ha glad you like the build mate. Getting there slowly. Take today. Raining like crazy again.so another day lost. But I have waited two years in planning this. So I can wait. Thank s for reply.all the best fred

Haha.. we have just moved house. We've lined all the exterior walls with insulation, put in new kitchen and bathroom and in planning stages of loft conversion and sunroom extension. I NEVER WANT TO MOVE HOUSE EVER AGAIN LOL..

Lindt thank s Thats what it is all about. Being happy. So why move. Thanks for reply and good luck with the rest of your building. Sounds as though it will be nice. All the best Fred. Glad you like my build project so far.

Last edited:
my new kp 2 purifier turned up to day here is a photo of it with spare cartridges.so that
should keep me going for a couple of years ha ha.

upload_2016-5-11_18-5-28.png

i put the valves on where the tap is that is the inlet and hose tail is out let
upload_2016-5-11_18-7-1.png

no work done today rain again stopped play

a little more progress black flow coat applied matty at work. the flow coat is a resin with a type of wax in the mix.
this is what i have been waiting for on this part of project.

matty just starting fibre glass black flow top coat

upload_2016-5-13_13-9-10.png

matty three quarters round the walls. Tangible pond returns are getting touched up at later date. one has to be cut out
and also both have to have silicone sealant applied double safety.. bottom drain has been done with silicone and fibre glass

upload_2016-5-13_13-11-47.png

all the walls done now. this stuff drys to touch in about an hour. to stand on it will be left all week end. notice how the sill
ledge has also been fibre glassed,double protection. nice looking finish to inside window
upload_2016-5-13_13-16-0.png

thats the full pond now fibre glassed epcept for TPR. as above later date. Beautiful
upload_2016-5-13_13-20-25.png

a couple of more photos to follow have fred

Last edited:
from back of pond still skimmer to brick and plumb in fibre galss from other angle

upload_2016-5-13_13-25-0.png

close up of window sill from back of pond with black flow coat on.
upload_2016-5-13_13-27-4.png

pictue of TPR still one to be cut out and siliconed then touched up with black flow coat.

upload_2016-5-13_13-29-15.png

Bottom of pond with flow coat applied notice how it is fibre glassed in to bottom drain
upload_2016-5-13_13-32-51.png

thats it folks now until monday have a nice weekend all the best fred

Cheers sk3lly. Trying our best getting there slowly. Still the upper pond to fibre glass .and do some brick work first mate to get it to proper hight and a touch up of render in there. Fix water fall . Do a little brick work at back of pond for the skimmer. Then that s the construction of the pond finished. Then it will be the plumbing to do then. From skimmer to filters. Then in the filter house from all filters to upper pond and return via TPRs. Roof to do and doors to fix on filter house and a couple of air bricks to fix in. For condensation. Glass into window frames, that will be a two day job. Because you have to leave silicone to dry for at least twenty four hours. And two coats of silicone goes on. Electric cables to lay to filter house and all round the garden for lights and power to filter house and summer house this will run from house main switch board. Armour cable.Then it should be water in. Then watch the parameters ph nitrate. And all that. Then put the fish in slowly. Because I do not want to hammer the filters. Saying that I have a lot of old filter media K1 on my filter on the holding tank. Plus I will put a lot of bomb balls bacteria in the filters and pond to speed the process up. Then it will be walls and Indian stone laid. Then summer house and electric lights to put all around the garden. This will all run from my conservatory. To switch it all on. Ha ha so I don t have to go outside in winter.Still tons to do. All the best Fred.

Last edited:
Anytime hoggie pleasure mate. On doing the share with everyone. The main reason.
Was so people can look and learn for if they decide to build a pond .also I have made a few friends
On here. Take care mate. All the best. Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back