• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you all dose

robert2191

Just interested how you all dose your ferts

Do you dose your dry ferts straight in your aquarium or do you make a solution up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both DIY and premixed solutions... Now two high tech tanks with enriched substrates and no dosing at all (one of them has just 10 days) and in the other one have decreased the light and I'm feeding fish with lots of live and frozen food... Plenty of stuff for plants!

Jordi

Pre-mixed macro and micro delivered automatically via a TMC Easi-Dose 2 pump doser. I'm too lazy to manually dose and I don't want to risk forgetting; I also I like to be able to go away on holiday and just let it get on with it.

Some people just don´t care about "search"... that´s why foruns at a certain point start to anoy...
They just make a login and shot a question.

5 litres of each solution pre-mixed, automatic pumps dose daily on alternate days, 6 days per week. On day 7 I water change.

I prepare the macro and micro separated in tap water. If, according to my tank size and the recipe I must add:

1/4 tsp KNO3
1/16 tsp K2PO4
1/16 tsp Trace.

I prepare it for 8 weeks in 480 ml. 1/4 tsp 3x per week = 3/4 tsp x 8 weeks = 24/4 tsp = 6 tsp = 2 tbsp
Same for K2PO4 and Trace. So I prepare 2 tbsp KNO3 + 1/2 tbsp K2PO4 in 480 ml and 1/2 tbsp Trace in 480 ml. I add 20 ml every other day of each. NPK on Mon/Wed/Fri and Trace on Tue/Thur/Sat. Sunday rest day and Monday 50-60% WC.

Cheers

Pedro

Direct dosing into the tank with measuring teaspoon if I feel like it. With my fingers if I don't.

I've also asked this same question before in other forums and still don't really understand why ppl mix, especially with such precision.

Solutions all the way .

I auto dose by display tank. It's good for lazy peoples.

I lazy dose my nano which sometimes get GSA because I am slack with po4.

Nope. I though that the values in water for traces after water change + what it is contained in Trace mix (Aquarium Plant Food UK) would be enough. I have seen my water company analysis and it contains 2 ppm of Mg and 65 ug/L iron.

Why?. Is it not enough?...

Here it is my water analysis. Let me know if you see anything unusual (it is in spanish but I think it is easy to tell what is what)

upload_2016-6-6_14-49-7.png

Don't ever alter your dosing based on water companies analysis, this will invariably lead to issues. Just dose full EI and ignore the report.

The report is for the water companies sampling point on a particular day and certainly not your tap today.

Hi all,
I have seen my water company analysis and it contains 2 ppm of Mg and 65 ug/L iron. Why?. Is it not enough?...
They are <"pretty low levels"> of both elements.

I would watch for any yellowing (chlorosis) of your plants (a floating plant would be useful to remove CO2 from the equation). If it effects the new leaves it is likely to be iron deficiency (Fe is non-mobile within the plant), and if it effects the older leaves magnesium deficiency (Mg is mobile within the plant) is more likely.

Personally if I was adding NPK, I'd definitely add magnesium as well, "Epsom salts" (MgSO4.7H2O ~10% Mg) are cheap and easy to obtain.

10ppm Mg should be plenty.

cheers Darrel

EI solution all the way. Follow the mixing guide and it cant go wrong.

I have never used dosing pumps but dont know if i would trust it not to dump a whole solution of ferts in one go!

Direct dosing into the tank with measuring teaspoon if I feel like it. With my fingers if I don't.

I've also asked this same question before in other forums and still don't really understand why ppl mix, especially with such precision.

Does this work?

Back