• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Disobedience II (temporary name)

Maintenance...
lot's of algae...

26329182504_88dbeb0fb9_o.jpg

:what:

Looking nice. Which algae have you got? Can't see it....

Would you consider having a little bit of weeping moss or similar on the ends of those branches? It would look more natural. It's unusual to have a dead tree trunk in the middle of a lush lawn like yours. Just a thought.

What c02 diffuser do you have??? Bubbles look really fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking nice. Which algae have you got? Can't see it....
Would you consider having a little bit of weeping moss or similar on the ends of those branches? It would look more natural. It's unusual to have a dead tree trunk in the middle of a lush lawn like yours. Just a thought.

In terms of algae i'm very rich!
Love the weeping ideia, one of my favourites!
Some changes in a few weeks... ;)

What c02 diffuser do you have??? Bubbles look really fine!
What you mean by buble generator? Maybe the same i think about the Twinstar.. a rubish and unnecessary toy..

Paulo, don't understand why you cheese about 'electrolysis'...
In my opinion my algae are doing pretty good! :D

Take a look:

cheers
:cigar:

Last edited:
Tiago good morning,
Were not going to talk again about the Twinstar and his effectiveness that have never been proved so far. Never mind what i said. :facepalm:

Twinstar is an option.

Big hug

That algae is so minor! If that's algae, then my tanks are full of it....:)

Tiago good morning,
Were not going to talk again about the Twinstar and his effectiveness that have never been proved so far. Never mind what i said. :facepalm:
Twinstar is an option.Big hug

Paulo,
I've been reading things about electrolysis (twinstar and others) from some time. I totally agree with you in terms of 'algae, that is not my goal.
My objective is to build an external electrolysis device for not seeing it inside the tank.
Can't see any improvement in algae till now, not better not worse!
I can 'claim' a little bit more clear water and not bad for the living's (fish and shrimps).
cheers!;)

That algae is so minor! If that's algae, then my tanks are full of it....:)
LOL, for me is a lot!
At least i have 4 types: BBA, GDA, Diatoms and that very long one (forgot the name...)
The one to blame is the tank owner, poor maintenance, too much organic waste, to low CO2 and the grey rocks were not helping also...
cheers!
:banghead:

The Twinstar has a few times saved my fish from CO2 related death :oops: :sorry:
- for this it was well worth it's purchase price!

Fortunately I seem to be over trying to gas my fish & admit the TS has been in the cupboard for awhile but will activate it for a tank (re)start
- for some reason I have much more visible algae in this tank ... it has never been Twinstar'd so perhaps it's time to remedy this :D

In my opinion my algae are doing pretty good! :D
The beauty of the A Bitaeniata far outshines the algae.

It is your own fault really for naming this tank
Disobedience II
:)

The Twinstar has a few times saved my fish from CO2 related death

Sorry to disagree but let me tell you simply this. The two gases doens´t mix! O2 and CO2 i mean.

So you can inject as much O2 you want (even by the electrolysis coming from the TS) that it wont make CO2 amount disapear so the effect of over gasing is always there as long you are injecting.

More.. the electrolisys produced by the TS is so ridiculously minimal that it´s nothing compare to the amounts of CO2 we inject in the tank.

Take under consideration equipement needed to produce PURE water electrolysis and you´ll get it.

It´s not that Reactor with that electrical voltage that could produced such a thing.

Even if it was running 24 hour.

And that´s why i will always claim that the TS is not an Anti Algae has the producer claim to obtain sails.

Since when inducing O2 and 2H2 (Hidro) will save us from algae unless you have a balanced tank?

If that could be true in some kind of dream those guys had discovery the GRAIL of this hobbie. ;)

A big hug

Sorry to disagree but let me tell you simply this
you can disagree but I'll still believe the evidence of my own tank :D

CO2 & O2 may not "mix" but water has a maximum amount of dissolved gasses at fixed temperature, if both CO2 & (superstauration) O2 (coming from the TS) are competing for those available sites, there will be a measureable effect; there is also a physiological (cellular level) effect at binding sites on gill surface membranes

- except no lab that has the technology is going to waste time on this unless paid :lol:

More.. the electrolisys produced by the TS is so ridiculously minimal that it´s nothing compare to the amounts of CO2 we inject in the tank.
Again that is perhaps your tank - I had a Tropica CO2 system with 96g canister on board, "bubble" rate as measured in the Tropica diffuser was a far cry from what many people on this forum use ..
no surface film
cycled filter when tank started
tank was up & running already for some months so reasonably established
Because I'm an idiot I repeated the same events with & without TS running ... the fish were far happier under the same rate of CO2 addition with TS running
(fish involved were fairly sensitive to CO2 levels)

Take under consideration equipment needed to produce PURE water electrolysis and you´ll get it.
done in whatever 3rd yr uni lab :D
This is why TS patents their membrane technology - think of it as the difference in heat efficiency transfer between copper & stainless "steel" cook pans

Very nice. Not convinced by the arcuata in the foreground but curious to see how it turns out.

Back