• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CADE mini conversion to led

Dantrasy

Make My LED (an Australian business) supplied me with the assembled gear needed to convert my 1ft cade mini, I just did a little soldering.

2x 29xm strips @ 6 x 3W
each of the 12 x3w leds are running at approx 1.5w, total power is around 20w
(24v Mean Well transformer and inline controller included)

I wanted to keep the switch on top of the canopy, but after wiring it up the switch buzzed. So I bypassed the switch and the buzz is gone.

Original wiring with the switch included:
connections_zpswudapp6e.png

Very happy with the result:
leds_zpsth9wqv2p.png

Lowest light setting:
lowlight_zpsjepon8ee.png

Highest light setting:
highlight_zps9hjafkqk.png

The total price was less than an off-the-shelf led, say 30cm up pro z, and more than twice the power.

Last edited:
Very nice :) I like the proportion's of the scape, any plans for fish?

Thanks Alex J!

When the tank is looking it's best I'll pop some ember tetras in for photos. After that the embers will be removed and I'll probably add CRS.

I've had the light intensity on the lowest setting since day 1 and the mc has grown very slowly. I turned up the light and co2 last week. There's more pearling, and hopefully quicker growth/spread. There's part where I want the mc rather tall (e.g. a dome behind the largest rock).

And I accidentally killed off some of the mc front right with h2o2, so that needs to grow back still. You can see that in the pic above.

Back