• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

ok, and on with the journal....

i've been reading in a particular ADA magazine that, if TH is too low m umbrosum will not grow so well. amano recommended third water changes almost every day for 3 weeks to keep th up. ive been applying this over he last few days, and it appears that the umbrosum has started to come upwards :D. now i dont know much about the the real science behing it, i'm just glad its happeneing.
the other beneficial thing is the water clarity is jus=t amazing. the whole tank just radiates greens like ive never seen before in my tanks.

algae issues are zero. ive not had to clean the glass once from the inside, dying crypts leaves show signs but i just cut them off.

ive added some fish, purley so i have something to do....feeding fish and keep bacteria alive. there's a small shoal of embers and some silver tip tetras. these are NOT the fish choice, just doing a job that's all....something to look at!

another thing ive done is up the co2 levels from a dark green in the drop checker to light green. and of an evening there's a huge difference in the amount the tank pearls.

i'm leaving the r rotundifolia until its about 2/3 inches across the top of the water until i trim, maybe a 2 days longer.

the emerged form of e tenellus had flower tips when i bought them now there immersed there producing the underwater leaf, but the flower stem is starting to grow upwards :D would it flower?...i dont know.

i think thats it for the time being :p

SuperColey1 said:
Saintly, What is TH?

AC

I believe it's Total Hardness Andy.

Beautiful tank Mark. Love the anubias, fern and moss centrepiece.

Thanks Ed. Far too many abbreviations in this hobby (I'm guilty of using many of them as well. lol)

AC

Ed Seeley said:

thanks ed. i'm looking forward to 2 months time!

SuperColey1 said:
Thanks Ed. Far too many abbreviations in this hobby (I'm guilty of using many of them as well. lol)

yeah, sorry. it's what amano called it.

Ed Seeley said:
SuperColey1 said:
Saintly, What is TH?

AC

I believe it's Total Hardness Andy.

is that the same as GH (general hardness (i think))?

Just thought I'd pass comment as I was fortunate enough to see this scape in the flesh today (when I met mark to relieve him of his Rena 300! - I promise to put together a journal and scape worthy of its heritage but that wont be started for a few months yet). Words simply wont come close to describing it! Suffice to say, that as stunning as it looks in the photos, they don't do it justice or convey the true scale of the scape.

Also, this was the first example of optiwhite glass I have seen and if anyone is in any doubt about the difference it makes, let me reassure you that it is a thing of beauty!

(by the way, Mark can you guess when my satnav kicked in on the way home today? correct - as i pulled back into my drive! :twisted: )

UCBONES said:
Words simply wont come close to describing it! Suffice to say, that as stunning as it looks in the photos, they don't do it justice or convey the true scale of the scape.

thanks you very much Dan! much appreciated. your the first to ever see one of my 'scapes in the flesh.

Thomas McMillan said:
Can we has pics pleeease? :p
Can we has pics pleeease? :p

:lol: soon thomas, soon.

i'm trying to resist the temptation of up loading images every 5 minutes.

i'm going to give my stems (r rotundifolia) 1 more day before i trim.

tank looking fantastic mark :D

planter said:
tank looking fantastic mark :D

thanks planter :D

last night was nearly the end of my planted tank hobby! :( ....

after going to bed at about 10.30 due to being ill, i was promptly awoken by a shout from downstairs "MARK!"

i thought i was dreaming to be honest, and didn't respond. then my wife shouted again. i knew something was wrong and dived out of bed ran downstairs and there was my wife with a lilly pipe in her hand with water spraying everywhere :?
i lost about 30L of water. wifey not to pleased.

yours truly had not done the connector up on the hydor external heater and over a period of time it's slowly pulled itself apart :oops: it was a good job my wife was still up other wise the whole tank would of emptied.leaving me with no hobby and probably no wife....mmmm, now there's a thought 8)

Oh blimey! Not good! Got to be my worse fear with external filters, second only to the whole tank falling apart! :wideyed:

I empty my 4ft out of the sitting room window, but one time I managed to get the end of the pipe level with the gas flew we have in the wall just below the window. I dread to think how much water came back into the house and onto the carpet but must have been a fair bit!

Sam

Back