• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's Aquascaper 1200 Nature Aquarium

Day 21 from planting.

No livestock yet. Probably 100 Amano shrimp to start with, then some small cool temp (tank is unheated) small shoaling fish. Suggestions welcome!

GF eaReef 1200 Day 21.jpg

Great looking aquarium, as for fishes maybe the Yaoshania pachychilus, a cool water panda loach from china and a shoal of Pseudomugil spec "Red Neon", not sure of the availabilty of those fish in the U.K

And they say never work with kids or animals :D I think you pulled it off though mate although you did get busted by the algae police on a couple of occasions ;) Nice scape though and very nice set up. What was the red plant you mentioned again though that tolerates low light? watched a couple of times and couldn't get what you said. I'm looking for something red for a bit of contrast in a setup I'm about to embark on. Same as you have here I'm also going to run it slightly cooler than I normally would so I guess this plant would be ideal all round.

Great getting the kids involved as well :thumbup: My daughter hasn't really been interested in my tanks over the years other than when some new fish get added but just lately with her being in secondary school it's amazing how many times when helping with her science homework that I can use my tank as an example of something she's learning at school. I think it's great how they can physically see stuff out of books in a living situation. I would say her teacher is sick of her homework coming back with references to my fish tank :D Tonight's homework, give an example of a chemical reaction where the chemicals turn into gas and back to a solid "In my dads fish tank....." :) As long as she understands that's the main thing.

Ludwigia palustris got it now :thumbup:

This scape is fantastic, from the aquarium design, size and cabinet. I was surprised that the cabined doors are that big. Is there a lot of room inside the cabinet?

It has to be white cloud mountain minnows. They have amazing colour and the behaviour is fascinating.
I have a shoal of 30 in my fluval roma 200.

Good educational video George!!

Did you replanted the trimmed tops? or you just let the stem plants become bushier by trimming?

I really like glowlight danios, but i´m not sure in an open top tank.... I´ve read they trend to jump out, like most danios do. Maybe they won´t because it´s a very large tank for them. If you put danios in there please let us know what you see.

Good educational video George!!

Did you replanted the trimmed tops? or you just let the stem plants become bushier by trimming?

I really like glowlight danios, but i´m not sure in an open top tank.... I´ve read they trend to jump out, like most danios do. Maybe they won´t because it´s a very large tank for them. If you put danios in there please let us know what you see.
Thanks Robert. I've kept danios in open topped tank before with no issues. I think if they feel secure then all is fine :)

Hello George

Incredibly nice you've done it again. Your aquarium can be compared to a small art works.
Having seen most of your video. Surely everyone a few times. Appreciated that you give so much of yourself.
Incredibly informative and helpfull

Would be nice if you could share a little bit about your own experience on these products. What would you choose for a 75x45x45 cm tank.

Light:
Kessil a360w

TMC grobeam 1500 tile.

Algae inhibitor:

Twinstar.

Maintenance:

Should I clean the pumps every 2 weeks. Will then be 4 weeks on each pump. Can this also help against algae?

How often should I change the water. And how much.
Can I change the water to often. What is the danger of changing too much water and too often.

Seeing that you have only 20 to 22 degrees in the water. Does this help against algae? Will it give slower growing on plants? And give algae the upperhand.

I want to set up an ADA 75p tank.
And was hoping you could give some info and tips.

The tank will also get 2 pumps along with co2 set under pressure.
Best
Regards
Rudi

How are you getting the fresh water back in George? You were saying it's dechlorinated tap water, just wondering if you're pumping it from a container after dechlorination or put the dechlo in the tank and going in straight from the tap?

Back