• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FE compatible *regulators?

DannyH

Hi folks,

I'm looking to set up a FE C02 system and as the title states I am looking to confirm what diffusers are compatible with a 2kg bottle?

I currently have TMC and JBL Pro flora diffusers and am wondering if either will fit straight onto the bottle? Or failing that if there is an 'adapter nut' that can be installed between the two?

Thanks,

Danny

Hi folks,

I'm looking to set up a FE C02 system and as the title states I am looking to confirm what diffusers are compatible with a 2kg bottle?

I currently have TMC and JBL Pro flora diffusers and am wondering if either will fit straight onto the bottle? Or failing that if there is an 'adapter nut' that can be installed between the two?

Thanks,

Danny

My advice would be to go and read the tutorial on the forum if you don't already understand regulators/solenoids ect, as this is all quite important stuff. Don't want to go and mess around with pressurised gas before you know what you're doing. It's not a difficult process, it's just potentially dangerous if you're not sure what you're doing. But yes, as Hoggie says, you need a regulator.

I think you are after , what is called a regulator. A diffuser is the device fitted inside the tank which turns the co2 gas into minute bubbles that can then disolve into the water.

Apologies folks :banghead:

Please replace the word 'diffuser' for 'regulator' in the text. It would appear reading this forum until the early hours is not conducive to good brain function.

My intention is to use an inline atomiser for diffusion.

To be more concise on the original post, I currently have a TMC V2 and Pro Flora M602 regulator which i intend to run with a solenoid. Having read up on the economical benefits of running an FE system I intend to do so with one of these regs.

I was wondering how these paired up with the bottle with regards to diameter/ thread and wondered has any one any experience with using either of these in conjunction with a FE? I'd only be comfortable with a completely snug fit, as MrHidley rightly pointed out pressurised gas is no toy!

Thanks again,

Danny

The m602 will fit a fe, din 477 connection, if I remember correctly the tmc came in 2 sizes din 477 and the cga fitting for paintball canisters, as long as you have the din 477 connection, they will be fine, don't think the tmc will run an inline diffuser though, as working pressure isn't adjustable, most inline diffusers need around 2-3 bar pressure to work efficiently.

most inline diffusers need around 2-3 bar pressure to work efficiently.

Except the Mufan it uses the excact same ceramic disks as the in tank diffusers, i've seen one piece glass versions of it too.. But this one is screwed together with acrylic and aloy. Already using it for over half a year.. One smiley to say it all.. :thumbup: Darn cheap and for me it did a mufan magic job.. :)

Back