• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Pond on a slope

Hi all,

Thought I'd post some photo updates showing my railway sleeper wall I'm building either side of the new path. Slow going as I'm doing it own my own after work but had some good weather recently. Soil levels will be higher on both sides too.

?temp_hash=0d240867333b18a95224555b04779487.jpg

Attachments

• Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 344
  • Front2.jpg
    Front2.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Front3.jpg
    Front3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 310
Awsome view you got there.. Hell of a job to pull off on your own.. Respect man!! Looks realy good so far.. :) That shed bellow definitely needs a moss roof, would look fabulous.. :)

brilliant mate i would love to have a brilliant view like that. alot of leg work on that slope mate. as zo zo said respect. you will
be fit at the end of this project. i will be following this . lot s of photo s mate. and best of luck with the project. love it :thumbup: all the best fred

Man you must have quadriceps like Hulk Hogan by now.. :p Super ovely back yard.. :thumbup:

This looks incredible! It's great to see people taking on big projects like this, to do it solo is even tougher...... I'm in a similar position myself it is so much hard work but hey I'm much fitter now! Keep up the good work, it's worth it as you near the end and can truly see what you've created. I'll be doing a journal of some kind when I've finished mine and trawled through the photos!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Two more steps left to complete the upper section. You've been so supportive & enthusiastic in your responses I thought I'd update. I know the photos don't look great with bags, wood, rubbish etc but I know you'll see past that! :)
Another day of sunshine forecast for tomorrow :)

Front11.jpg

Front12.jpg

Front13.jpg

Front14.jpg

Front15.jpg

Try your local library for a book called 'Garden Pondlopaedia' by Graham Quick. loads of info on all aspects of garden ponds in there,
ISBN 1 86054 222 0 if you want to look to buy online.

This is an amazing project - keep the photos coming & don't worry about the construction chaos ... it's all part of the build :cool:

Try your local library for a book called 'Garden Pondlopaedia' by Graham Quick. loads of info on all aspects of garden ponds in there,
ISBN 1 86054 222 0 if you want to look to buy online.

Thank you, just bought it for less than £3! ...Look forward to reading all the advice/tips from it :)

Hi all,

Have the upper and lower steps done now and the middle path sections complete. Really pleased with the self binding gravel I used for these. Also just had the first switch on for the path lights - couldn't get any local celebrities, just the Wife!

So some pictures to update you with....

Front16.jpg
Front17.jpg
Front18.jpg

Front20.jpg
Front19.jpg
Front22.jpg

Front21.jpg

Looking really good, think you are doing a fantastic job, especially as you are doing it all your self. As has been said, a lovely view across the countryside too, reminds me of the Tyne valley where i used to live many years ago. keep up the good work:)

Back