• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Intense Inline CO2 Aquarium Atomizer

John S

I've always used inline atomizers and about 6 months ago my one developed a very slight leak in the body. I got a new intense one from one of our sponsors which has been fine until the last week. The Co2 level started to drop off in the tank. There is plenty in the bottle and the working pressure was still the same. Yesterday the mist had almost stopped. I did my usual clean of 30mins in diluted bleach and refitted. Now there are no bubbles coming from it. I upped the pressure on it to nearly 4bar (it usually functions at about 2.5) but nothing and then the check valve blew off.

I've soaked it for another 5 hours today but it will not pass any gas. I fitted my old one and that runs fine.

Any ideas as to what might have caused this one to block and fail? It's on the filter outlet and is cleaned each month.

Have you tried using a normal diffuser to see if that works or putting everything between the reg and the atomiser in a bucket of water to look for leaks? I stopped using the atomisers because of the pressures required. I know they would blow apart plastic check valves and any bad fit anywhere resulted in a leak. The last straw for me was when one stopped working and when I opened up the regulator it had blew a hole in the diaphragm.

I like the fine mist they produce but just not worth the hassle for me.

I connected the reg straight to the diffuser with just a short length of pipe - no bubbles and no leaks. I found another old atomiser and that runs OK too. I'm sure its not leaking. When disconnecting the failed one the pipe comes off with a thump (for want of a better description) so there is plenty of pressure there.

Strange one John, sounds like a fault on the atomiser although other than something managed to get in there and blocked it somehow I fail to see what else could have gone wrong.

It is odd. At the weekend I will try it on a different reg. I just don't understand how it can be that blocked that not even the smallest of bubbles come out.

It would have to be something wedged in the inlet part of the bazooka totally blocking it which is why I find that hard to see happening. You would have thought something would have came out somewhere.

Back