• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascape video soundtrax

zozo

What soundtrack would you use to accompany a an aquascape video?

Let me kick off with what i personaly experience, usualy 90% of the time its..

But what if all goes to plan and we realy fly away?

Last edited:
We Can Work It Out -Beatles -aquarium full of male guppies.Good Vibrations -Beach Boys late evening when the external filter is more noisy anything by Barry White to get those Discus spawning

Lol.. I guess i had a beer to much when i got the idea of opening this thread.. :oops::rolleyes: But actualy i was rather seriously thinking about what are nice tracks to mix in with an aquascape video? One that goes with the scape and theme.. For now due to inexperience i'm still strugling a bit to make it look the way i realy want it and so i'm a bit in despair when looking into the tank. And for now couldn't think of anything else than "One day i'll fly away" but not for now still got a lame wing. And i'm not realy a music listener anymore after beeing a bar tender for over 12 years i heard about enough but never realy listened. So everytime i think of some i'm rather in doubt if it realy fits..

Would be nice to have a list of nice music which could be used as aquascape video background music. Which music do you think of? When you think of making a video of your scape?

It maybe helps other people in the same boath over the line and give inspiration as well and maybe will result in more videos posted on the forum.. :)

Trying to think of something like a sound to express the beauty of a aquascape, the instrumental Albatross comes to mind .

Pink Floyd "Dark side of the moon"
Nina Simone "Put a spell on you":happy:

Sure it might have been done but the theme from The Deer Hunter sounds great on classical guitar also on piano.A large heavily planted tank with small fish make a perfect combination

Lol.. I guess i had a beer to much when i got the idea of opening this thread.. :oops::rolleyes: But actualy i was rather seriously thinking about what are nice tracks to mix in with an aquascape video? One that goes with the scape and theme.. For now due to inexperience i'm still strugling a bit to make it look the way i realy want it and so i'm a bit in despair when looking into the tank. And for now couldn't think of anything else than "One day i'll fly away" but not for now still got a lame wing. And i'm not realy a music listener anymore after beeing a bar tender for over 12 years i heard about enough but never realy listened. So everytime i think of some i'm rather in doubt if it realy fits..

Would be nice to have a list of nice music which could be used as aquascape video background music. Which music do you think of? When you think of making a video of your scape?

It maybe helps other people in the same boath over the line and give inspiration as well and maybe will result in more videos posted on the forum.. :)

Marcel - Cool topic by the way :) I think different music suits different tanks & set ups if you see what I mean? I personally enjoy watching aquascaping videos with "classical music" accompanying them. But I think the inhabitants make a difference too!

For a chilled 'Angelfish' tank - I'd like 'Levi - I believe' or 'Schubert Ava Maria'
For faster, bolder fish something Epic - I'd like 'Orff - O Fortuna' or 'Prokiev Montagues & Capulets'

Classic isn't everyone's preference though, 'Pearl Jam Release' & 'Incubus Aqueous Transmission' are chilled with a rock feel (& Incubus totally wrote that to accompany an aquascape!)

And for in your face rams and bold dwarf cichlids I'd like 'Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun' or The Justice remix of 'MGMT - Electric Feel'

For a school of tetras or rasboras something upbeat - I like 'Jackie Wilson - High'

Shrimp Tanks are the easiest... The Benny Hill Theme ( & for any clumsy fish or aquascapes! )

Classic isn't everyone's preference though,
Tho i think Bach's Cello suite n1 kinda swings, even if you don't like classic it still does..

And this swings also, unbelievably.. Something for a tank with Chinese Mountain Minnows. :nailbiting:

I like it.. :)

Listening to the videos Zozo. Bachs influence is all over the Beatles and second one wouldnt sound out of place on Sgt Pepper intro for Day in The Life:thumbup:

As a kid i saw this clip on TV from the film Allegro non Troppo and never forgot it..

If i ever would make an aquascape making of video, this is definitevely a perfecr soundtrack.. All about development. :)

As a kid i saw this clip on TV from the film Allegro non Troppo and never forgot it..

If i ever would make an aquascape making of video, this is definitevely a perfecr soundtrack.. All about development. :)

I've heard this music without seeing that video & imagine it as an Arabian Nights theme .... That video also is not what I expected but nonetheless it would be well suited to a making of :)

It reminds me of Disney's interpretation in Fantasia of a classical piece...hold on ...

imagine it as an Arabian Nights theme

Maurice Ravel was Spanish (Bask) origine, could be the Moorisch influence on this piece. Since my childhood, also because of that animated video clip one of my all time favorites. I was so intrigued by it, i took this record to school when i was about 7 and in aw i asked the teacher to play it in front of the class, nobody was impressed and all looked it me like i was from another planet. Even the teacher was a culture barbarian, he thought the track took to long.. Funny that was also the year when i got my first aquarium. :)

Yes that Disney video is also cool.. :thumbup:

Maurice Ravel was Spanish (Bask) origine, could be the Moorisch influence on this piece. Since my childhood, also because of that animated video clip one of my all time favorites. I was so intrigued by it, i took this record to school when i was about 7 and in aw i asked the teacher to play it in front of the class, nobody was impressed and all looked it me like i was from another planet. Even the teacher was a culture barbarian, he thought the track took to long.. Funny that was also the year when i got my first aquarium. :)

Yes that Disney video is also cool.. :thumbup:

Ha! I also took my vhs copy of fantasia into school...It actually was turned off halfway through because clearly the class was bored & talked too much! I got my classical influence from my dad... childhood has a lot to answer for!

That piece is very good - listening to an orchestra play it live would be amazing - videos or cds just don't do it justice.

Bolero always reminds me of this :rolleyes:.

Ver(y)tiginous Neil.. :) Dit you see that split... Man! :nailbiting: That must have been cold... :rolleyes:

Back