• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I still...

:eek:Of course you're more than welcome here;)

...I doubt much will actually change.
UK is still a European country, just not in the bureaucracy of the Union any more.

How about us non European foreigners? ;) I think once the initial shock wears off it will be business as usual for the majority of us.

Hi all,
Us foreigners feel a little left out now!
Paulo you aren't alone, some of your fellow Europeans of the British persuasion don't feel very welcome here today either.
Euroskepticism isn't peculiar to just the UK, and I wouldn't be surprised if other European counties hold their own referendums.
I'm sure your right, we had an Austrian teacher staying with us earlier in the year, and she was very anti-EU and also would rather have a had <"a fascist than a green"> in the recent Austrian presidential election (which took place why she was here).

cheers Darrel

Hi all,Paulo you aren't alone, some of your fellow Europeans of the British persuasion don't feel very welcome here today either. I'm sure your right, we had an Austrian teacher staying with us earlier in the year, and she was very anti-EU and also would rather have a had <"a fascist than a green"> in the recent Austrian presidential election (which took place why she was here).

cheers Darrel

A fascist than a green!
She is just stupid,if she has tasted a thin slice of fascism,she would have know how evil it is.And would not compare it to anything...

Of course you are Paulo.You've lived here longer than a lot of people who voted to leave ! ;).

I'm sure you'll get a second referendum...
It'll be interesting to see how this will all pan out over the next couple or three years.
I'm incredibly optimistic...the future will be made by business leaders, not just in the UK (as it is for now at least) but in the rest of Europe and the world.
These guys are great at making money, keeping people in employment, and generating the world economy.
Despite the hyperbole to the contrary these are the people that determine our future, not the politicians and their bureaucracy, elected or otherwise.

I know. Very frustrating. My husbands mother told us she voted no to indy ref as she didn't want to lose her pension. We were horrified! The scaremongering certainly worked on her.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ain't democracy a female canine...
Just as much as the law is a subgenus of Equus...

P.S. "hee-haw":D
burro.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway I am here to stay and if you guys don't like it, I will just have to ban you all :twisted::twisted::twisted::lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S. Its nice to know I am welcomed :clap::clap::lol::lol:

I know. Very frustrating. My husbands mother told us she voted no to indy ref as she didn't want to lose her pension. We were horrified! The scaremongering certainly worked on her.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was more horrified by the people who didnt vote but seemed to have an opinion anyway.

We were talking about the EU outcome today at work. Out of six guys only two of us voted!

Will be interesting to see how the Scots vote when they get another independence referendum , I can see how a lot of them will be upset about being taken out of the EU by the English government :eek: must be maddening for all those Scots who wanted independence in the first referendum but didn't get it,but as Troi has said democracy can be a female canine :)

Anyway I am here to stay and if you guys don't like it, I will just have to ban you all :twisted::twisted::twisted::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:woot:
Then you can change the name to The European Aquatic Plant Society!....:what:..........:lol::lol::lol:...........:thumbup:.[/QUOTE]

I think Scotland would get independence if there was another vote.
The outcome of the EU vote confirms we are not a united kingdom and its time we go our own ways.

Of course! What would we do without you Paulo:thumbup::thumbup:
Business as usual as far as I'm concerned.......there's been to many scare mongering stories banded about!
The writing as been on the wall for the EU for a few years now.....its a huge bureaucratic monster out of control.
:(

Back