• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

mountain bike size

dan4x4

I was having a look at a cube yesterday had 27.5 wheel size which is new to me all my previous mountain bikes have had 26" wheels. Im 5ft 6, I found the top tube really high, I could still stand over the bike but there wasn't much clearance on the family jewels. I also found this with another bike and I'm thinking maybe this is the result of the bigger wheel size.

I really don't know what to do. when i was on the pedals i felt happy, loads of stand over at that point. Furthermore the reach felt fine on the medium. The bike shop guy seemed to know what he was doing. Measured the angle of my legs and that I had the proper reach arms bent shoulders relaxed.

top tube height was the same on the small as the medium. I'm giving it more thought

Really, Im surprised looks like you put them over your shoulder on your profile pic haha

ixscxh.jpg

Back