• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Doncaster

Ashley G

Seedling
Good morning,

My name is Ash and I currently reside in Doncaster after moving from Shefield a few months ago, I have just started my first planted tank and though I have been a fish keeper before this was over 10 years ago.

Before when I kept fish I had a 3ft tropical tank but whenever I bought real plants they died so I just kept with the tropical fish and plastic decor and bog wood, then I stumbled upon marine and that was it, I sold my set up and converted to corals, Nemo's (clowns) and a few other fish. Soon the tank was too small for me so I upgraded to a Rio 180 with more rock and better lighting.. Again this got to small for me so I bought a Vision 450 (unfortunately it was too big for my finances).. Then one day I was looking out of the window at my £200 car and thought "what am I doing, I have a tank which cost me over £2k, needs another £500 and driving around in that!??!" so I sold the lot and bought a better car. Though wanting another tank has never left me I just couldnt really afford it until now.

Then a few months ago my sister bought a Rio180 and I immediately wanted fish again, so I did a bit of reading online and aquascaped tanks seemed to be the new thing (new from over a decade ago) and decided that was the way to go. I bought another 3ftr from ebay, then purchased a new filter and heater then found South Lincs Aquatics which just happens to be less then 2 miles from my new house.

So thats me, the new tank is filled and planted with some fish in, the pics below are of my previous tanks and the new one

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Ash

Last edited:
Tank pics

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 75
Welcome

Planted tanks are cheaper than reefs. You can get pro level gear for a small cost compared to reef stuff. You'll love it.

Back