• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 301 for 30cm cube?

Hmm... I am hesitating. I need perfect coverage. It's quite expensive etc.

why not pm Victor - I'm sure he's run the light on 30cm cubes so should have some photos for you

I've a 301 & finally a 30cm cube to check lightfall on - just got the tank couple days ago so no idea on actual growth effect

It's the 361 Aquasky that disappoints - it's the 301 light unit placed into a 36cm stand! which would be fine IF it was marketed that way :(
I've not set up that tank as will likely just switch to the 30cm cubes for a triptych effect (well possibility anyway ;) )

I prefer the deeper tank for fish "comfort" re most fish like to be able to "retreat" from the front glass activity (the main reason why I've hesitated on setting up the Mini M tank ... I've a Spec 19 which I knew was a long narrow footprint but bought as a convenient Quarantine/Hospital tank ... some fish do OK, some are greatly stressed :sorry:)

Light housing unit size / W280×D68×H10mm
Clear stand size / W360×D100×H95mm

why not pm Victor - I'm sure he's run the light on 30cm cubes so should have some photos for you

I've a 301 & finally a 30cm cube to check lightfall on - just got the tank couple days ago so no idea on actual growth effect

It's the 361 Aquasky that disappoints - it's the 301 light unit placed into a 36cm stand! which would be fine IF it was marketed that way :(
I've not set up that tank as will likely just switch to the 30cm cubes for a triptych effect (well possibility anyway ;) )

I prefer the deeper tank for fish "comfort" re most fish like to be able to "retreat" from the front glass activity (the main reason why I've hesitated on setting up the Mini M tank ... I've a Spec 19 which I knew was a long narrow footprint but bought as a convenient Quarantine/Hospital tank ... some fish do OK, some are greatly stressed :sorry:)
Thanks Alto, I am keen to try the genuine product for once as I know the chihiro also exists. The only annoyance is lack of dimming on the ADA.

I will never put fish in my 30 cube. It is shrimp only. [ I did put a SAE for 4 days for BBA duty when I had that issue ]

I didn't know about the 361. That's preposterous!!

I would love to hear your thoughts on how your tank progresses.

I will PM Viktor.

Back