• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tangled Roots

BBogdan

Tangled Roots

Tank: L60xl40xH40

Filtration: Eheim 2213 (classic 250) , filled with Seachem Matrix

Light: 2X24W T5 ( Osram 865 + Sylvania Growlux )

Substrate: Ada Amazonia + Sand

Hardscape: typical rock , Reed Moor

Plants: Staurogyne , Microsorum Pteropus sp. Trident , Microsorum Pteropus Narrow leaves, Hydrocotyle tripartita, Juncus repens , Cryptocoryne brown , Bolbitis heudelotiii , Lagenandra meeboldii Red , Monte Carlo , HC Cuba , Parvula Mini ,Ammania bonsai, Bucephalandra Theia Purple , Buce. Mini chaterine , Buce. Black chaterine , Buce. Biblis red , Buce.Lamandau red , Buce. braun-rot narrow

Fertilization: Dennerle Scapers Green , EasyCarbo , Macro DIY (I will change to Dennrle NPK), ADA Bacter Ball (addition of bacteria) , Tropica nutrition capsules

CO2: pressurized , using Tropica 3-in-1 diffuser

Livestock: Ember Tetra , Otocinclus Affinis , Assassin snails...coming soon Brachygobius xanthozona , Nannostomus beckfordi and Amano Shrimps

First step 02.04.2016, taking care of the hardscape:
26342709115_a2e619ab5c_z.jpg

After first week, 09.04.2016 ( day 7) , with a little mucus on the roots:
25739930183_2f464705d5_z.jpg

So what do you think :) ?!

Last edited:
Great arrangement! Looking forward to the growth.

Really like this tank. Well Done. The colour of the wood, rock and sand all work really well together. What type of rock are you using?? Cheers.

This is absolutely stunning, it looks so natural

I'm guessing the rocks on top are just to hold the wood down??

Thanks , yes you guessed right :) .

Hi BBogdan, Nice Scape :)
Thanks man ;)

Great arrangement! Looking forward to the growth.
Thanks , I still have alot to work at it .
I will put some mosses on the branches and stones , I was thinking fissidens fontanus since I have it already and maybe christmas moss. (any suggestions?)

Really like this tank. Well Done. The colour of the wood, rock and sand all work really well together. What type of rock are you using?? Cheers.

Thank you :) , I'm glad you like it .
I don't know what type of rock they are , some kind of career rock ...is just something i found in my close area and I liked the colour and structure of it.

Wow it looks so balanced and natural!

Sunday I was bored so I decided to take a clip with my phone , so don't judge too much the quality.

Hope you enjoy watching:

And by the way , if you like my tank please give me a VOTE +1
http://www.aquascapeawards.com/scape...-160701091044/
You DON'T need an account to do that.
Thanks in advance.
tango_face_grin.png

I'm quite intrigued by the position of your CO2 diffusor - behind the lily output. Can't understand how effective such position. And what the reason for you to not place it on the opposite side. Thanks.

Hi BBogdan,

Wonderful scape :thumbup: You have my vote ;)

Thanks man ! :)

I'm quite intrigued by the position of your CO2 diffusor - behind the lily output. Can't understand how effective such position. And what the reason for you to not place it on the opposite side. Thanks.

The big reason is that the suction cups are on the right side and I can do nothing about that , so I don't want the diffuser to stand with his back and with co2 hose at the front glass. It's all about the look , if you understand what I mean. :))
And believe me is so effective under the lily pipe output because this way I can distribute the bubbles all over my tank and so I have a better dissolution of CO2.

Back