• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubia nana in trouble?

Ben Gibson

So I'm new to all this. About 6 weeks in. I Planted 3 weeks ago. 3 week new tank cycle beforehand. Noticed within the last four days after a 50% water change a few noticeable changes in my plant. I've also recently added a new 11w light to the existing 5w Fluval edge light I had. These run at 10 hours for the 5w. and 8 hours for the 15w. I have been doing this for 7 days now.

So nana appears to be rotting on the rhizome. I didn't notice before as this looks over a weeks worth of growth, maybe even longer.
It is also growing 1 new leaf and a few roots but as well as that their are a few small holes that are now appearing and brown marks have appeared on the leafs recently as well as curling too. Also a couple of the longest roots have made their way into the substrate and have gone atleast more than an inch in by themselves. Originally completely out of substrate.

Perused many an online article but not sure if to leave it in place, Or take it out to trim/treat it?

In hindsight mounting it to the siryu Rock might not of been wise

4f0c1826c1fc64421d27fb5da2d6455a.jpg
Close up of Rhizome.

3a203f733827cff86926d6a843577df8.jpg

Picture from today. You can see the new leaf In in the centre and the other discoloured ones

Anyones thoughts please ? Btw moving this at this point would be a real ball ache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also dosing 0.3ml of easy Carbo a day and adding 5ml Fluval bio enhancer weekly.

I dont know much about your lighting strength, but in my opinion 10hours of light is high. This will put a lot of 'growing strain' on the plant. Anubias' are very low light tolerant plants. Easy to grow and interesting plants when in the right conditions. Will suffer heavy algae and deficiency symptoms when not in the right space.

For me an anubias is like the underwater version of a peace lily. Like to be in a well shaded spot! Flowers are not too dissimilar either

For me an anubias is like the underwater version of a peace lily. Like to be in a well shaded spot! Flowers are not too dissimilar either

Yeah that's true thinking of my peace lilly. I've never thought of anubias flowering but now you've got me interested. Off to go do some research, see if I can get a bloom going for mine.

Back