• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA on my A. nanas still hold even after bleach treatment

maboleth

I have dipped my severely affected (and neglected) A. nanas into the bleach for two consecutive days. The algae, which covered the entire leaves with its ugly slimy, black fur, turned translucent-green but still cannot be scraped or removed. More than 4 days passed the algae is still there.

Is there anything I can do to remove the dead algae from the leaves? I tried rubbing it, but I damaged one leaf. :(

Thanks, but that was not my question, nor could any creature help with bba there. I need to remove dead algae.

I dont think you can manually remove bba. Excel treatment is good for bba. Turn off filters so there is no water movement. Then syringe excel onto the algae. Just concentrate on small areas at a time. The algae will turn red, greenish then to a white and die off. You can treat more than once for stubborn areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bba is a pain to remove. Just got to take the fight to it. Repetitive treatments will eventually get it

I'll try EasyCarbo though. By the way, the plants are not in the tank. I removed all until they are cleaned.

Easy carbo, excel, same thing. It should go in time. Just be patient with it.

Im not a fan of bleaching stuff that is going to be added back into the tank. I know it can be done safely but i try to avoid it

Back