• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Skellys 60P Build

You nailed it with the transition to low tech! Loved the previous scape, but this is even better in my opinion. Dense, grassy crypts look amazing grown in, and that anubias is super healthy! Any general tips on your transition period from high to low tech?

Cheers, keep it up :)

Well ive kept co2 the same as before. Ive backed lighting intensity right down. Lights are suspended very high now. Ferts are EI standard mix but only 5ml macro and 5ml micro per week in a 60litre tank. One standard 50% water change every week. Another partial 30% water change midweek if trimming. Filter clean every few weeks to try limit organics building up as i find this seems to reduce brown algae tht is prevalent in low light setups.

Really its all about putting the right group of plants together for the conditions you provide. Also this setup is not really low tech but low energy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say you simply have low light setup, but still high energy due to CO2 injection and amount of maintenance. I guess you just find the right balance between amount of light and amount of CO2 + ferts. And that's great.

801c9b10e9d8deff2c2e6611e1ac0cf0.jpg

Night time diy moon light

Through many months of transition this tank has developed into a low tech tank. This is where we're currently at...

486aea0f4574790dd08116287aef9355.jpg

Looks like you're all set. Just sit back, trim occasionally, and enjoy the tank. Inspirational work as always, Sk3lly!

Back