• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's first 'planted' tank

I quite like this, think you just made up my mind of what to do with the little 20l I have to sit in the kitchen.

Wow that's growing back really nicely Neil, looking like a Dutch something or other;)
P.S. shame about the UG tho', it didn't do too well in my tank either.

Thanks guys ;).
Not overly bothered with the UG.Surprised I actually got it growing :lol:.

Looking realy nice Neil.. :thumbup: Beautiful plant choices.. :)

Get used to that UG, it goes with ups and downs.. Actualy is the most contradictive aquarium plant in the trade.. It's a carnivore and especialy doesn't like nitrates and needs less of everything what the other plants want to grow. If kept emersed it grows best on old decaying plant leaves, sphagnum and demineralized water without any ferts, i'm growing it for moths like that, but submersed it also keeps dying on my. Even emersed above the hightech tank it's always in trouble because of the ferts.. So why would it be happy submersed with a butload of ferts it doesn't want?

The best aquascapes i've seen with UG where about UG only tanks. Tho in my low tech tank it holds on much beter than in the high tech already since last year november, but still not realy happy. There it is planted into a hole between 2 pieces of driftwood with some mosses. Where it's roots are not in the substrate but in the moss. They work well together, UG loves free space and a bit flow around it's utricles.. :)

Back