• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to go for custom build tank

toadass

Hi all, I have been out of the hobby for around 2 years whilst my little one was learning to walk and being nosy on anything around the house.
Im looking to start another scape again as sold everything before.
I want to get a custom tank built, nothing different just the usual 120 x 45 x 45. The ADA 120p is probably a bit pricey.
I was thinking to get a optiwhite front panel only to save a few quid.
When I last looked a couple of years ago aquarium's Ltd seemed to be the place to go, but seems to have closed.
Anywhere elseelse in the UK that can custom build to a good quality?
Thanks Matt

Matt,

this company made my custom size tank and cabinet. Excellent quality and good service

ndaquatics.co.uk

Paul

Thanks Paul. I have emailed them as they didn't have prices on their site. Haven't had a response as yet more, but it has only been a day. Can I ask what size you ordered/had made?

Hi Matt

My tank is 40" long 18" front to back and 20" high. I initially wanted a 4x2x2, but the Mrs put a stop to that !
I had it made in 10mm float glass with sliding glass covers. I opted for black silicone, as at the time as it wasn't intended to be a planted tank and the black doesn't discolour over time.
The cabinet is made from 18mm chipboard, and is reinforced inside the cupboards. The hinges are good, I haven't had a problem with them in over 18 months.
The build quality of both the tank and cabinet is top notch.
I believe they are based in Hertford, and have a showroom on site.

Depending on where you are based, a local LFS to me, Wharf Aquatics, in Pinxton, Notts make good quality custom tanks and cabinets too.

Just like to add i had a 4x2x2 build by ND aquatics about 5 years ago. Really wasnt impressed with the build quality, lead times and the tank was built incorrectly according to the specs i supplied.

HOPEFULLY they are alot better now.

My latest tank (arrived a month ago) was made by ND aquatics and I'm really happy with it, nice clean minimal silicone and optiwhite panels.

On my experience I would recommend them

Thanks guys ND have got back to me with a quote which seems quite reasonable. I'll hunt around for a little bit and see what happens:)

Back